• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Update on the USO C2 scope

doc76251

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2003
Virginia Beach, VA
I did some range work with Kent today and we got some more "field" pictures just to see how the reticle stacks up against the original concept.

It exceeded expectations.

The simplicity of the reticle makes it a no brainer to accurately engage targets w/o even getting into doing the math of ranging. Essentially with a 25 meter BZO on an M-16 if the bad guy fits in one half section of the stadia lined cross hair (5 mils or so), center and send it. No holds, no ranging, no guessing. Down and dirty, fast and simple with one zero out to 300 and a bit. It gets even better in a 308 or other high performance AR based cartridge.

25 yards @ 6X Nice and easy
6x25yd3.jpg

25 yards at 1.5X Great field of view nice target picture
15x25yd.jpg

50 Yards @ 6X At 6"-2" I fill the circle
6x25yd2.jpg

50 Yards @ 1.5X Lots of field of view nice target picture
15x50yd.jpg

100 Yards @ 6X I fill the stadia section of the cross hair
6x100ydlit.jpg

200 yards @ 6X I fit in 1/2 of the stadia
6x200yd.jpg

300 yards @ 6X My chest fits inside the area of the floating cross hair
6x300yd.jpg

For those that were interested we are also going ahead with the 1.8 - 10X reticle. More to come on that.

Cheers,

Doc

Re: Update on the USO C2 scope

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Walsh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey doc, do you know when the new site will be up?

Thanks,
P.B.Walsh </div></div>

Nope, last I heard was "Next month", that was in June
laugh.gif
I do alot but web design is beyond me.

Cheers,

Doc

I'm looking foward to it, can't stand the bugs with the current one, hopefully next year I can get a summer job and buy me a 1-4, 1.8-10, or 1.5-6. Depends on what that new reticle is going to be with the 1-4 or 1.8-10 is going to be.

Hmmmmm.....

Thanks,
P.B.Walsh

Doc Rocks.
Great news on the 1.8-10x. I'll find the money as having both C2-based scopes is definitely my route for the different match formats that I shoot.
Good stuff, Doc and JW. The shooting sports folks appreciate your efforts.
Ken

Doc, thanks for the update. This looks like a nice new addition and would work wonders on an out to 600yd LR-308 I've had in mind. Tag for later.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice.

I pictured you differently......especially the centered in X-hairs part. </div></div>

Yeah, I'm uglier in person than on the net
laugh.gif
Hell, Kent's camera didn't even want to take my picture it kept trying to focus on the flip cap.

Cheers,

Doc