• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Upgrade from Athlon Ares Etr

Jojo417

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2023
Joplin Missouri
Upgrade from Athlon Ares ETR

I currently have an Athlon Ares etr 4.5-30. I actually really like this optic and it has treated me well. I don’t have any complaints. The turrets track spot on and the eye box is killer. The glass is good, but I want better.

What’s the next reasonable upgrade from here? I’m looking for Something in the 15-1800 dollar range. I don’t have any interest in alpha glass zco, tt, or atacrs.

On my gas gun setup I’ve run nx8’s mk5’s, Steiner t6, and currently have a s3 4-25 on the way for it. I wasn’t a nx8 or mk5 fan.

Primary use will be PRS.

Thanks for the input.

See how you like the S3. Personally I've owned and played with quite a few scopes in the $1,500-2,000 range, and if you're not happy with Mark 5's, NX8's and the Steiner I think you'll need to step up to the S3, Element Theos, Razor Gen 3 or up to an Alpha to be happy.

See how you like the S3. Personally I've owned and played with quite a few scopes in the $1,500-2,000 range, and if you're not happy with Mark 5's, NX8's and the Steiner I think you'll need to step up to the S3, Element Theos, Razor Gen 3 or up to an Alpha to be happy.

I liked my t6 a lot. I didn’t much care for the reticle size in the 3-18 which is what led me to sell it. Other than that it was killer. I almost bought another one for my gas gun.

I can justify 16-1800 for an optic, but don’t ever see myself spending that. I don’t mind buying used as well.