• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes US Optics question

Re: US Optics question

Please do a search, this has been discussed many, many times. General consensus is that USO & S&B are comparable and a step above NF. Of course there are some who will disagree but that seems to be the way these threads end.

There is USO,....
then there are also ran's that start with S.N.L.
SNL
laugh.gif
just like the show.
grin.gif

USO = As good or better than the competition and hand-made in the USA by guys that post on this forum.

Enough said.

There are a million opinions abound on this subject, and I sure have mine, but when you get the the crux of it you are discussing 3 of the finest riflescopes/makers to date. Ive owned 'em all and to put my opinoins aside they all 3 are honestly fanfuckingtastic. Sure there are differences between them, but quality, durability, and repeatability(the things that really matter) isnt one of them. I say do some research and take your pick. You wont be disapointed.

I liked the fact that I could call Jeff at USO and discuss the configuration of my scope vs. it's intended use and come out with a result that should best fit the intended mission.

Not sure S&B or Nightforce would custom build me a scope. Then again I never tried.

Re: USO is the way to go...and im Spanish

Re: USO is the way to go...and im Spanish and lucky to have all of them, but the Nightforce. Even though I dont have one i have use it extensively at Snipercraft competitions at FL. My friend derrick bartlett comps and it surely works fine.

Normally i dont think that price is directly related to quality and performance BUT THIS IS NOT THE CASE.
If you rank them by price.... that is what you will get:
USO - top
S&B and NXS - second
Leupold - third

Considering price vs quality and putting a premium in price buy a Leupold, nothing compared to it at $1000
Then i would buy a USO, yes its more expensive than S&B and NXS but is is made to your specs and its quality is second to none.
I have been using and owning S&B, ZEISS, Hensoldt, Leupolds, SS, Swarovsky and Simmons scopes for 30 years now.
Now I only use two scope models: USO SN-3 and Leu M4 LR/4 with BORS.
Thats all.
I own two PMII and I have loaned them to friends.
What more to say.....
Eduardo

My optic on my primary is a S&B, the build I'm working on now will be my primary and will be topped with a USO. USO-I get the reticle I want! It's american made! Its custom! Between the few top tier scopes out their your really splittin vaginal hairs, they are all amazing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For the record I'm all about Team America
IMG_3188-1.jpg
</div></div>

pardon my stupidity, but arent parts of nightforce scopes made in japan?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: s.i.t.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For the record I'm all about Team America
IMG_3188-1.jpg
</div></div>

pardon my stupidity, but arent parts of nightforce scopes made in japan? </div></div>

That's too funny, I was gonna say the same thing!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: s.i.t.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For the record I'm all about Team America
IMG_3188-1.jpg
</div></div>

pardon my stupidity, but arent parts of nightforce scopes made in japan? </div></div>

Yea however the F1 and the new 2.5-10x32 are all pure USA made. I'm not sure however if they are gonna be doing all of their future optics here though.

USO is tops with me... Expensive, but it's nice to custom build your scope to your liking...

Made in America, by a good dude, who stands behind his products... What more's to want?

Re: Oh hell yeah....

Only the scope God can judge these scopes. Us mere mortals have biases, the scope God does not.

Shame on all of you!

When a thread like this is created, ask yourself, am I smarter than the scope God?

If you are reply; if not refrain.

Have a blessed day

IMG_3188-1.jpg
</div></div>

Still an American owned company unless my information is incorrect. You believe that USO scopes are made from 100% US parts? Glass also? I'd be surprised to find out that was the case. I don't have an issue with it.

I have a S&B M8541 3-12X50 and an USO SN3 1.8-10x37..
The USO is new to me a few weeks.. I just shot rifles with both scopes on them.. the S&B cost me way more than the USO... but I the USO is as clear and seems brighter to me.. I love the USO!!

vwzhue.jpg

1zh16iu.jpg

Both scopes are at the top of their sector but to me the USO feels better and I can not put my finger on why....

Merlinn

My .02...
I got to call USO and talk to them for a few minutes today.
Hey Becky its me.
How are you, let me check on the scope.
Should be about 6 weeks, if not, I'll make sure it is, send you an email.
Can you really ask for more (well, maybe a picture phone).
Chad

My USO is great. The guys there really go above and beyond trying to make sure your scope is what you need. Custom Scope builders for sure.

Never had a problem with a $1000 leupy either. But you cant take it off and beat a rhino into submission like the USO
wink.gif

If it's my money paying for teh scope, wellll, yup, it goes to So-Cal's USO. If it's your money buying the scope for me, welll, yup again, USO. The great folks at US Optics from John II, John III, Wendel, Jeff, and all the guys and gals who make it happen throughout the facotry have earned my loyalty. Why buy anything less? If you can seriously afford a $600 scope, why not eat raman for a few weeks and get the entry level ST-10. Simple solution to the problem. Why? Customer Service, Superior Build Quality, Outstanding Warranty Service, Superior Follow On Service, Excellent Phone Service, and just damn good people to deal with. Plus the beer was free
grin.gif