US test centers, experiences, post test, etc.

mark5pt56

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter
Nov 20, 2005
Florida
Thinking about sending the V22 to one of the test centers and had a few questions about that and post test experiences, etc.
1-On the Vudoo guns, do they remove the chassis and place the barreled action into a fixture for the test?
2-If so, did placing it back into the chassis post test alter the results any?
3-Post test, did you install a tuner to tweak that chosen lot?

I ask as I might replace the Bravo with a Vision chassis and if they remove the chassis, seeing if anyone had any major post test differences in accuracy. Or if they don't, may I see a different result let's say if it was tested in the Bravo then change to the Vision. Obviously I know a zero change is expected, accuracy is the concern.

It’s been a couple years since I sent my gun in, but at that time the default was that they would put your gun in a fixture that matched your action, but you could request that the testing be done with the gun in your stock and they would do that. I just sent in my barreled action, and the gun shot the same after It was returned and put back in my stock. I played around with a tuner only a little, and decided that it wasn’t worth the extra hassle. YMMV.

Several of us had the whole day reserved at the Ohio Center last year. If the rifle was in the stock or chassis, they kept it in the stock and put the whole assembly in a fixture. If only the barreled action was brought, they put it in the fixture for that action. They were extremely accommodating to the shooters wishes.

Can't help you with the other questions.

I've been to the Lapua Ohio test facility several times with various rifles. The first guy there liked to use the fixtures (but they didn't have one for the Anschutz 1761 and ended up using the stock), the current guy (Shawn) used the rifles in their chassis / stock.

Good experiences each time.

Not sure if you’ve seen Whidden’s yet, but it looks like they have some availability sooner than some of the other bigger manufacturer test centers. Just FYI.

Read a post on here last month about a guy who had a positive experience there.