• We're live!

We've got the homepage updated and subscriptions are now managed through HideTV. If you run into any bugs please contact @alexj-12 or use our contact form for help!

ENTER HIDETV VIEW THREAD

Member Link Up USMC M40 shoot Dawson, Tx Oct. 2024

Hogstooth

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2004
Texas
www.vttactical.com
Hey enthusiasts, Basics of this event listed below (more to follow via your ideas and input)

Event: USMC M40 shoot with fund raiser to benefit the USMC Scout Sniper Association, Recon Sniper foundation, and American Sniper Association. Each of these great foundations has given to my platoons in support and many others over the years time to give back. (hopefully turn this into an annual event)

Dates: Oct. 5th or Oct. 9th? (shooters will need to let me know via this thread which date will work best, majority wins) I will need to know who can attend and on which date by July 15th at the latest.

Mission: Gather enthusiast with various reproduction M40s to have a structured range day (gather data) and have a 40 to 60 round match to see who’s M40 is top dog! Trophy will be given. Raise funds for the SSA. Vendors and swap meet are welcome being that I’m sure there are plenty of parts people have that they want to trade or sell.

Restrictions: This is a private 600 yard range and I have neighbors so all rounds will need to impact into the berms, the vintage rifles are not true to the distances marked on the turrets, so this will not be a free for all shoot, I will control the line on the long range. Just like in sniper school.

Challenge: each participant will need to donate $100 to any of the listed sniper charities above, send a copy of your receipt to me for entry into the event, upon receipt you will receive the address/ directions to the private facility.

Range features:
Dedicated 100 yard zero range
600 yard steel range fixed and covered firing line (full size IPSC down to MOA targets on each line)
50 yard carbine pistol range (bring your replica carbines to shoot also)
Cabin with tables and chairs for classroom

I will be out of town for a week on vacation, but post questions/ comments here, I will answer next week when I get back.
Look forward to this and getting to see all the different M40s people have built.

Semper Fi

Sean Little
IMG_2669.jpeg

I vote for the 5th. It's my Bday and that seems like the most fun I could have. Great reason to bust out the A1 clone. I don't have an m16 clone though. Will any AR work? Round count?

Reactions: Hogstooth
Gonna be very close to overlapping with my Munich Oktoberfest trip which I am still planning with wife, but count me as a maybe.

i would be interested in this m40 shoot if i werent also going to Oktoberfest in Munich. what are the odds two dudes from Texas will be there at the same time? @RedBull6

hopefully can catch the next one. Texas is big, where about is this range located?

I can bring the mk12 along with the XM3 but that’s the only clones i have right now. Working on an m110 but it’s gonna take a year or more truthfully.

Been meaning to do a M40A5 as well since the RACS for the A6 is unobtainable. But then again the PMII isn’t exactly easy to find anymore.

Reactions: Hogstooth
I can bring the mk12 along with the XM3 but that’s the only clones i have right now. Working on an m110 but it’s gonna take a year or more truthfully.

Been meaning to do a M40A5 as well since the RACS for the A6 is unobtainable. But then again the PMII isn’t exactly easy to find anymore.
Yes so currently considering any non M40 series rifles can shoot the match but will not be part of the score for prize, and I get run what you have however if I’m going to award anything based on the premise of the match being M40 based then you need a 40 to compete.

Still working on round count but looks like 60-75 rounds for just the match total. Does not include zeroing or data collection if you guys want to do that Friday. Zeroing will be available the morning of the match (have a dedicated lane for 100 yard zero) but no data collection the day of the match.