• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Utah Shootouts Feb. 12, 2011-scores

desertratdad

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2005
SLC UT
www.utahshootouts.com
North Springs Shooting Range, Price, Ut., sign in starts 8:30 am.

$15 for either half day or $20 for the whole day. ($5 of that money you pay to the range office when you arrive at the range)

Practical Precision 9:00 am to 1:00 pm , 100 to 1000 yds. 50 rounds max.

Carbine and pistol 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm, maximum 50 rounds each.

Re: Utah Shootouts Feb. 12, 2011

We lost a couple of brackets last Sept match, we could sure use some more. Haven't used the KYL since.

I'll have to see what the wind is like for Sat. and make sure the KYL is out far enough. Don't want Kevin hitting that 3" at 400 yards again if we can help it.

It's 13 degrees F right now in Price. What more Spring do you want?

See you guys there. I got a whole truck load of target stuff for tomorrow and Robert has all the 100 yard stuff. I guess I got to wait till I get off work to leave for the range though.

We will be shooting at the range the 2nd Saturday of each month. The Jan Feb shoots were a little iffy but there isn't much snow out there this year (so far).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNAGLYTOOTH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Clint, I will be there for the rifle portion. </div></div>

Eric,

When you going to get shoveling snow up in Park City?
smile.gif

Had planned on coming down tomorrow but the wife tagged me for V-day lunch.

See you all next month; I hope
grin.gif

Thanks to Clint and others who helped with today's match. Even though my scores don't show it, the day was perfect for shootin'!

Snag - Can't wait for your matches to start up again.

Impuse - Thanks for the targets!

-c

"Thanks" to Stickboy for letting me tag along. It was great meeting you guys..Coldbore, etc. etc. I can't talk much because I didn't shoot, but I'm sorry I was not as cool nor as informative as the instructor today.
wink.gif

BEHOLD! The Great Bearded Hostage Slayer! I still can't believe I face shot the "kid" hostage...I mean, that was the easy "gimme" hostage taker! *sigh*
Despite that, I had a great time! Got some good trigger time in, just need to get even more!
See you all next time!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WuLitian</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I still can't believe I face shot the "kid" hostage...</div></div>

Its okay, I wasn't entirely convinced that kid wasn't a willing co-conspiritor. Though I myself couldn't bring myself to hit him, I think I hit everybody in the whole room except him
blush.gif

Just now got home. I have to make a phone call or two to be sure I got all the numbers right.

Had no idea we would have 24 shooters in the morning. Spring fever must have come early this year. I'll remember the regular score sheets from now on.

I should get the scores up here tomorrow sometime. I'll put detailed scores up on the website.

Thanks for all the help. Robert did the 100 yard as usual. Then we had to split into 3 squads. Kevin, Lenny and I can't remember the guys name that took the 3rd squad. Please tell me who that was. You guys were terrific.

It took a lot of other people too, to keep things moving safely. Thanks to you all.

We started on the 100 yd range with a c/b on a politically incorrect target, a 3 shot group, hostage target and sitting position target. A few shooters had a negative score by the end of the 100 yard.

There was 1 shot each at the 10 silhouettes. 200 to 500 yards.

1 shot standing at the 18 inch 300 yard.

The rest was prone. 1 shot at a 350 yd.

6 shots at the 400 yd 8,7,6,5,4,and 3"

1 shot each at the 5 and 600 yard.

1 shot each at the 7, 8, and 900 yd steel

and 5 shots at the 1000 yd paper, no sighters. You'll see who got two shots in the 4" bullseye when I get the detailed scores up.

As the weather warms up we'll do more positional shooting and moving.

Most shooters went to the Tactical Training Center in the afternoon. We shot 20 rounds at the turning good guy - bad guy targets. Then 20 rounds at the 100 yard mover.

We picked up a few more shooters for the pistol stages. We used the bobber (pop up) targets. Several different strings. In order, random, same one, alternating and last, all you can knock down in 5 seconds.

Had some great shooters and some of us others.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">next month?</div></div>
Yes, there will be a next month. Mar.12

Here's the total scores for the morning precision shoot.
Shooter #, name, total score......Then not added in score are # of hits with pistol.

1 James C 215
2 Chris H 232........P 23
3 Chris F 151
4 Eric W 232
5 Charles L 212
6 Bill B 167
7 Bob G 5.............P 12
8 Keven R 259.........P 32
9 Jeff F 229
10 Greg H 309
11 Aaron S 64
12 Ron S 208
13 Robert A 307.....P 25
14 Mike W 126.......P 9
15 Ron Y 309........P 28
16 Lenny M 106......P 10
17 Len W 256
18 John H 158
19 Eli P 130
20 Cary T 152
21 Jeff W 244
22 Dan W 174.......P 22
24 Brian M 224
25 Jerry G 176
Frank..............P 4
Mitch..............P 26
Brea...............P 13
Dan................P 21
Clint..............P 11

Carbine scores. The carbine scores were not complete, if you know of any changes, omissions or mistakes please let me know.

First number is turning target hits, second is mover hits.

Chris H 8,12

Bob G 7,8

Kevin R 9,9

Robert A 11,13

Mike W 9,10

Ron Y 10,10

Lenny M 4,9

Dan W 11,15

Dan 2,-

Clint 4,4

Mitch 6,6

Really wanted to be there, but 4 hrs of sleep then driving to Price alone was a recipe for disaster. Had my rounds loaded, gear out, new dope card...I have to get rolling this year or you all a going to pass me by!!!

Z

Got the detailed scores on the website now. Except the carbine scores. If I get them deciphered I'll get them up. Will be doing that different from now on.

There was a lot of great shooting and learning going on and hope to see everyone next month.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AllThingsSurvival</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any "style points"? For instance, folding the paper in half and hitting two hostages with one shot? Come on!!! </div></div>

I think that's what some of you guys did. But no style points.

The carbine scores were incomplete. If you know of any changes, omissions or mistakes please let me know. I'm sure there are some.

First number is turning target hits, second is mover hits.

Chris H 8,12

Bob G 7,8

Kevin R 9,9

Robert A 11,13

Mike W 9,10

Ron Y 10,10

Lenny M 4,9

Dan W 11,15

Dan 2,-

Clint 4,4

Mitch 6,6