• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Utah Shootouts - Feb (Snow Shoot) Results

desertratdad

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2005
SLC UT
www.utahshootouts.com
Had 10 shooters
Everyone could shoot before the start, all they wanted. Also make snowmen with the foot of snow that was available.
Turned out to be an all steel match.

Sound system to help score worked very well the day before with my 3 walkie talkies. Borrowed 6 from the range for the match so we could do 5 or 6 targets at the same time. They didn't tell me they weren't working very well. So had a lot of trouble keeping things working. When the hit transmitted it sounded good, but had to make sure we used the old fashioned spotters for when they didn't.

Only one shot per target. Scored hit or miss.

Highlights of the match were:

To start, Bob, Cary, Jeff, Mike, Jerry, & Clint hit all 4 of the 18" targets from 200 to 500 yds.

For the 4, 1 to 1 1/2 moa targets from 200 to 500 yards, nobody got all 4 but Cary, Mike & Clint got 3 each.

The timed stage of 5 - 18" targets from 200 to 600 yds, Eric, Mike,& Clint hit all 5 with Eric having the best time of 31.54.

We did that stage again and Bob, Eric & Alan With 5 hits and Eric again with the best time (not counting those that got 4 or less hits) of 41.10.

Then we tried some 18" steel at 700, 800, and 900 yds. At 700 Eric and Damon got hits. At 800 Leo, Jeff & Mike got hits. At 900 Eric and Damon got hits.

Last was your choice of standing (10 pts) or sitting (5 pts) at 200 yards. Damon hit with sitting position. Cary, Alan, Jeff, Mike & Clint hit while standing.

The detailed scores are on the web site www.utahshootouts.com

Re: Utah Shootouts - Feb (Snow Shoot) Results

Thanks for putting the shoot together on Saturday. It was really nice to get out and burn some powder.

I look forward to shooting with you guys some more.

Thanks again!

-c