• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Utah Shootouts Practical Precision Aug. 10, 2013

desertratdad

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2005
SLC UT
www.utahshootouts.com
Utah Shootouts Notice

North Springs Shooting Range, Price, Ut

Practical Precision Match August 10, 2013, 10:00 am
Carbine & Pistol in the afternoon.
Bring at least 40 rounds each gun.

Gate open by at least 9:00 am. Sign in 9:30. $25 for all day. $5 less for only a half day of shooting. Price includes $7 daily range fee.

We have a ton of new targets to shoot.

Please try to let me know if you plan on shooting.

Clint

Last edited:
Thanks Russ! Hope everyone had a good time. What did you all think about the AR stage? We will have 2 stages for September with some shots out to about 160 yards. If you have any suggestions let us know.

This what I got for scores. Fine bunch of people today. Great to have you first time shooters.

Precision - Carbine - Pistol time
Ron 163 - X - 19.0
Jeramie - 109 -X - 19.90
Russ - 196 - 12 - 13.80
Alan - 70 - 11 - 18.42
Greg - 199
Larry - 40
Wyat - 60
Shane - 40
Tyson - 130
Chris - 210 - 14 - 20.67
Stan - 190 - 7 - 20.29
Jessie - 100
Dan - 80 - 16 - 22.
Roger - 170 - 10 - ?
Lon - 220 - 16 - 17.12
Robert - 130 - 8 - ?

Last edited:
Remember my Ed Brown malf'ing yesterday and my not being able to remove the barrel from the slide? Seems that little pop I heard was a squib load sending a bullet just far enough into the bore so the following round I hand cycled into the chamber pushed both bullets out the bore, bulging the barrel enough to lock back the slide.Lucky me, the 45 acp is a low pressure round and I didn't have a catastrophic BOOM such as might have happened had I been shooting a high pressure 9 or 40. Lucky me also gets to pay for a trip for my Special Forces model back to Ed Brown in Missouri for a new barrel and fitting.

Alan

Good job Lon,Chris and Russ!!! Thanks clint for the fun Match... Thanks Jeramie for the car stage, cant wait till the state match to see what we will be shooting then from the car. Lots of options just hard to keep safe..Shooting from inside drivers side, ground AR on dash get out and run around to precision rifle on trunk or hood or under? just trowing stuff out there... Thanks

Robert