• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Utah Shootouts - Snow Shoot - Jan. 8, scores-pics

desertratdad

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2005
SLC UT
www.utahshootouts.com
North Springs Shooting Range, Price, Ut

Sign in starts 8:30 am. We'll take a half hour or so to let people get there cold weather 0's.

We'll use the 100, 600 and 1000 yard ranges. We'll try some of the ranges new 1000 yard targets. I got some other new ones we can try too. Maximum 50 rounds for the morning practical precision shoot.

Then those who want to can do the carbine - pistol shoot in the tac center in the afternoon. Maximum 50 rounds each.

Re: Utah Shootouts - Snow Shoot - Jan. 8

I will be setting up the 100 yard target going to try some different paper anybody have something they want to shoot bring me a copy and we will try it next month..Looking for some fun/game target, like cards or something...
planning on about 20-25 rounds at 100 yard, we can play with the round count...

I'd like to get in on this! Can someone send me directions to the range? Is there a possibilty of getting picked up at the airport if I fly in?

I think I got some card targets, I'll have to find them.

There are directions on the website, www.utahshootouts.com click on North Springs Shooting Range. I think the link is working to get to Carbon County website with info about the range too.

I'm sure we can get you picked up from the airport in Price. It is technically an airport anyway. Price is a small town. You would have to find out what the conditions were etc.

Will be heading for Price in a few hours. Several people have said they are going to be there.

We may not be the "chosen" frozen, but frozen just the same. Only the running man targets are snowed in so we'll still have plenty to shoot.

Clint

Just got back from the range. Have been working out the bugs on the reactive targets we were shooting at the 400 yard line. The ones that were supposed to turn the lights on. Got one built that worked every shot today. But with the sun shining right at the 55 watt halogen fog light, it wasn't as bright as I would like.

We had only 7 shooters yesterday. But they were awesome. We did the 100 yard c/b, 4 shot on 4 silhouettes, 10 shot Israeli sniper hostage (downsized) and a 5 shot sitting target.

Then went to the 600 yard range. Took one shot each at the 3,4,5, and 600 yd steel. Nobody missed any shots.

Then took a shot at the 400 yard swinging that set off a horn and was supposed to turn a light on, which the wire came off of. The other target got destroyed on the first shot. As I said it's working good now.

Then did a 5 shot group at the 1000 yd paper. After scoring that we took another 5 shot group at the 1000 yard. Robert sent me some pictures of the best groups, but I can't seem to be able to load them in my computer.

I got to unload my truck from a ton of steel and stuff I'm working on and find the scores. I have the 1000 yd targets here too i might have to take some more pictures of and try to get them up here. There were 3 or 4, 5 shot groups that were under about 10 inches.

So by tomorrow night I should be able to have some scores up on the website.

Forgot to mention there was a 4 shot 3,4,5,and 600 yard timed stage.

I'll try to get detailed scores on the website in a day or so.

Total scores were:
Clint 104
Kevin 214
Robert 178
Alan 181
Aaron 80
Chris 186
Greg 205

These are pics of some of the best groups on the 1000 yard targets as small as 5 in.
1-8-11pic3.jpg

1-8-11pic-1.jpg

1-8-11pic2.jpg

1-8-11pic4.jpg