• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

UTG/Leapers Big Bore and others Tacticals

RTTY

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2023
Italy
Hello!
I'm looking for a tactical bipod, for the lowest price of the list the Big Bore seems to be a big deal, but I'm looking others tactical bipods like Fortmeier, Phoenix Tactical, Accu Tac, Tier One Tactical.

Can someone tell me out opinioni and out dislike/like about this tacticals bipods?

Thanks!

Hello dear, on relation of your reply I think that you don't have the Over/Big Bore bipod..
But I've some questions for you about "made in USA":
Ferrari are made in USA?
Bentley in USA?
Rolls-Royce in USA?
Lamborghini?
Ducati?
BMW?
Mercedes?

Made in USA now are almost a utopia...
Most of the famous brand of hardware made in USA are made now on Asia, maybe assembled in the USA if you're lucky...

Stereotypes very often mislead thinking...

Ciao!

Hello dear, on relation of your reply I think that you don't have the Over/Big Bore bipod..
Ferrari are made in USA?
Bentley in USA?
Rolls-Royce in USA?
Lamborghini?
Ducati?
BMW?
Mercedes?

Most of the famous brand of hardware made in USA are made now on Asia, maybe assembled in the USA if you're lucky...

Ciao!

did i mention USA in my reply? no, i did not. there are many items that are made overseas by skilled craftsmen in Europe that i use and enjoy, but surely you cant be implying that my Italian made sxs Zoli shotgun is of the same quality of a Chinese made side by side? Lets be realistic here.

But on this topic of bipods specifically, the best bipods are made in the USA/North America:

B&T- Atlas V8
Harris
MDT Ckye-pod- USA and Canada
Elite Iron Revolution
Thunder Beast Arms (TBAC) Bipod

you are correct, i dont own a leapers . but unless its marked UTG Pro, (made in USA) then its made in either Taiwan or China.

Reactions: Baron23 and RTTY
Please name a high end ChiCom car manufacturer. I’ll wait.

It has been well established that China can make anything that a merchant will pay for. But, merchants don’t use Chinese manufacturing for quality, they go for price.

That said…
IMG_5922.jpeg

You should by the Big Bore bipod. It’s probably fantastic.

Reactions: RTTY
Ferrari are made in USA?
Bentley in USA?
Rolls-Royce in USA?
Lamborghini?
Ducati?
BMW?
Mercedes?

Ciao!
Some have the overbore. I'm probably going to get one. Going on 22lrs that I cannot put my atlas cal on.

Please name a high end ChiCom car manufacturer. I’ll wait.

It has been well established that China can make anything that a merchant will pay for. But, merchants don’t use Chinese manufacturing for quality, they go for price.
True, but currently they have received technical knowledge from those who have done business with them up to now, which can guarantee quality standards beyond what one can imagine when talking about "made in China"....
Mercedes, VW, BMW and other non-automotive brands produce to their standards in China. My VW Bora(Vento, Jetta,..) is produced in China mainly for the Asian market. It has the same quality standards as a VW produced in Wolfsburg...

You should by the Big Bore bipod. It’s probably fantastic.
This answer is quite childish. Have you tried it? No?! Then you can't answer the question I asked at the beginning.

did i mention USA in my reply? no, i did not. there are many items that are made overseas by skilled craftsmen in Europe that i use and enjoy, but surely you cant be implying that my Italian made sxs Zoli shotgun is of the same quality of a Chinese made side by side? Lets be realistic here.

But on this topic of bipods specifically, the best bipods are made in the USA/North America:

B&T- Atlas V8
Harris
MDT Ckye-pod- USA and Canada
Elite Iron Revolution
Thunder Beast Arms (TBAC) Bipod

you are correct, i dont own a leapers . but unless its marked UTG Pro, (made in USA) then its made in either Taiwan or China.
I would need a bipod with a wide adjustment range, say from 9 to 14", I wouldn't want to buy the usual Harris, but I also don't have the possibility of buying an MDT Ckye-pod. So I had read some reviews on the Big Bore and it didn't seem bad in terms of quality/price. There would also be the Fortmeier H210 version. Do you have any other models like that (pseudotactical) that I could look at?

Seems y'all jump to conclusions and shit.

UTG pro shit is made in the USA.

Like every other company they do have chiwanese shit......but the higher end stuff is all US......and it's a US based company.
Learn something every day dontcha ?

Just a contribution to the slight off topic subject of Chinese Manf.

I was a Program/Project manager for high end, large, core telecom network equipment. Our experience was exactly as described above…the Chinese can make the very highest quality if the customer is willing to pay for it. Most offshored to China manf is done because they want cheap costs and so you get cheaply made products.

But even when companies are willing to pay for high end (and there is no place for anything but that in core telecom infrastructure) its still less expensive than made in USA.

The big issue with using China for production of high end tech (aside from screwing over American workers and supporting Commie assholes) is they’ll steal your IP in a NY second. This is quite some time ago but the Chines ripped Cisco and Juniper core router software and sold their own version.

Give them stuff to make and it’s guaranteed to be copied and sold with no royalties or licensing to the original developer.

And our feckless Fed gov makes bleating sounds about it but really haven’t done anything serious to oppose this and try to stop it.

Ok, hijack over. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Modoc
Seems y'all jump to conclusions and shit.

UTG pro shit is made in the USA.

Like every other company they do have chiwanese shit......but the higher end stuff is all US......and it's a US based company.
Learn something every day dontcha ?
I needed a 5" AR handguard. Options are extremely limited without modification of something else. The UTG Pro it is. Same with the buffer tube, needs to be made to fit the Tailhook. I'm happy with both. Solid lockup on both ends.

Do you have a source for this bipod because if I remember correctly no longer made/available? That review is 4 years old.
Sure looks like the over bore is still around.

Big bore too.

Can be gotten from other places cheaper though.

Reactions: Im2bent
Just a contribution to the slight off topic subject of Chinese Manf.

I was a Program/Project manager for high end, large, core telecom network equipment. Our experience was exactly as described above…the Chinese can make the very highest quality if the customer is willing to pay for it. Most offshored to China manf is done because they want cheap costs and so you get cheaply made products.

But even when companies are willing to pay for high end (and there is no place for anything but that in core telecom infrastructure) its still less expensive than made in USA.

The big issue with using China for production of high end tech (aside from screwing over American workers and supporting Commie assholes) is they’ll steal your IP in a NY second. This is quite some time ago but the Chines ripped Cisco and Juniper core router software and sold their own version.

Give them stuff to make and it’s guaranteed to be copied and sold with no royalties or licensing to the original developer.

And our feckless Fed gov makes bleating sounds about it but really haven’t done anything serious to oppose this and try to stop it.

Ok, hijack over. lol
Sacrosanct truth!

Do you have a source for this bipod because if I remember correctly no longer made/available? That review is 4 years old.

Emailed Leapers about extra mounts and they sent me this link.