• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

V22 Similar Centerfire Action

anonomous09

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2008
I am going to be building a new centerfire hunting rig (not ultra lightweight) and want to build a rimfire "trainer" to bring out when upland hunting, camping, etc. I plan to use the same chassis (XLR) or stock (Manners), and scope so everything feels very similar. For the RimX you have the Origin action which is going to be as close as possible. Obviously bolt throw will be different but my goal is for it to be close. What is the closest action to the V22?

Reactions: David Lott
I am going to be building a new centerfire hunting rig (not ultra lightweight) and want to build a rimfire "trainer" to bring out when upland hunting, camping, etc. I plan to use the same chassis (XLR) or stock (Manners), and scope so everything feels very similar. For the RimX you have the Origin action which is going to be as close as possible. Obviously bolt throw will be different but my goal is for it to be close. What is the closest action to the V22?
Curtis custom or Terminus both 60 degree.

The feel is going to be different enough it's going to come down to bolt throw.

90* bolt throw = RimX or non 360 Vudoo.
60* bolt throw = Curtis RF, MPA Rimfire & Vudoo 360

Pair said desired bolt throw with the action of your choice on the center fire and fire away and have tons of fun doing it.

Reactions: anonomous09
I don't have one yet, but I'm planning on building a Terminus Zeus centerfire to be similar feel to my Vudoo 360. I really like the 60 degree throw and the QC Barrel option on the Zeus. The Aero Solus is also a 60 degree throw option that's a little more budget friendly. Looks wise I think the Terminus Apollo is probably the closest match. All this is assuming you're looking for a 60 degree throw.

V22
1726376119632.png

Terminus Apollo
1726376749412.png

Terminus Zeus
1726376838907.png

Aero Solus
1726377017138.png

Reactions: anonomous09