Vectronix -- rubbin it in!

Darkphage

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2008
Orem, Utah
Just had to tell you all how much I love my new terrapin!

3005 yards reading yesterday was my longest (mid-day overcast conditions)

Got all kinds of 2000 to 2500 yard readings.

Great product! To anyone thinking about it -- get one you'll love it.

Dark

Re: Vectronix -- rubbin it in!

I asked Rob Ferlong what the best rangefinder was and he said to look at Vectronix. I found their site but no pricing! Where did you get yours from and what did it cost. Im looking for one. Thanks for the info!

I got to play with a Gunwerks LRF the other day... it did pretty well out to 1500, but it could only range my 1800 yd target 1 out of 3 attempts. Rocks or other objects at 1800 could not be ranged at all... I thought for $1600 one is far better off getting the Terrapin for $1800. The aiming reticle on the Terrapin is far smaller letting you really zero in on your range.

However, the Gunwerks has a ballistic calculator built in... however, I trust my Shooter app more than their built in app, since I can easily tweak my BCs and MV's on the fly.

Crap! and i just picked up a Leica 1600 a few months and i'm having a hard time picking up targets on bright sunny days.seems to do alot better in the early morning time.
Are there any Vectronix dealers on the Hide?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildcats</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Are there any Vectronix dealers on the Hide? </div></div>

Call Alina !!
grin.gif

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3020592#Post3020592

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildcats</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Call Alina !!
grin.gif

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3020592#Post3020592 </div></div>

Thanks Sendero man

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hate it when I can range a moving semi truck @ 6K
wink.gif
</div></div>

Is that all?.....grin!

I ranged a Redtail Hawk(in flight)with my Vector 21 at 3300 meters. It also told me it was 371 meters above the ground.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hate it when I can range a moving semi truck @ 6K
wink.gif
</div></div>

Is that all?.....grin!

I ranged a Redtail Hawk(in flight)with my Vector 21 at 3300 meters. It also told me it was 371 meters above the ground..... </div></div>

crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cali_tz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... the Gunwerks has a ballistic calculator built in... however, I trust my Shooter app more than their built in app, since I can easily tweak my BCs and MV's on the fly...</div></div>
This is <span style="text-decoration: underline">precisely</span> the point!

I'm really happy with my Terrapin too. Bought it in a group buy here at Sniper's Hide. Good customer service and quick delivery.

Steeping up to a high quality rangefinder has been the biggest factor for me to extend my shooting to pass 1000 yards.

yep, Terrapin is god send to us ELR practitioners. Getting $6 a piece 338LM rounds on target quickly with the Terrapin is a way to financially justify the $2K expense!

Now my next gadget will be that laser aberration scope that reads wind conditions between me and my target.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hate it when I can range a moving semi truck @ 6K
wink.gif
</div></div>

Is that all?.....grin!

I ranged a Redtail Hawk(in flight)with my Vector 21 at 3300 meters. It also told me it was 371 meters above the ground..... </div></div>

WOW... looks like an upgrade is in my future.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildcats</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Call Alina !!
grin.gif

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3020592#Post3020592 </div></div>

yep Alina gave me a price of $1875 this morning + $20 shipping

Was out ranging deer last night in the soya fields with my Terrapin, sitting in my car on the dirt roads and using my elbows for supoort I ranged deer at 1201 yards, the soya was belly high to the deer and there was a corn field behind the deer at 1258 yards. Every time the deer moved a bit I would get the range of it, the Terrapin is awsome I new I was ranging the deer! Not like my Swaro which was a big guess at those ranges in flat land.
Elmer

I can't afford a Vetronix Terrapin (sob). But my older Bushnell LRF broke and Bushnell will sell me the Fusion 1600 binos for a very low price as a 'consolation' so I'll get them. ("Poor Man's long range LRF".)

I read that they have excellent ranging in even poor conditions. Good enuf fer me until I hit the lottery.