Vectronixs PLRF 15?

Any Vectronix LRF is way better beyond a mile than any other LRF on the civilian market, period.
They are very expensive, and if it dies you end up with an expensive paperweight. They might fix it if it breaks, but it will be expensive and may take years.
If you shoot un known distance around a mile, the new SIG and Leica work pretty well, beyond 2000 yds. Vectronix rules.

Note: I used to have a Vectronix Terrapin, and it ranges well out to 2200-2300 yards. The 15 should work even better and further.

Last edited:
Does anyone out there have 1st hand experience with the Vectronixs PLRF-15? If so what is your opinion?

I've had one for a couple years now.

I bought it to reliably range out to 2 miles and it's never failed to do so. Off a rest, under ideal conditions with large reflective targets, I've gotten measurements to nearly 6000 yards. It reliably ranges to 3500-4000 yards on hillsides and brush on hot days.

I bought it as an upgrade to my Leica 1600b because I needed more distance and it was the first step up into 1550 nm laser.

It's like an old muscle car, all horsepower and no frills. All it does is range to extremely long distances. I liked having the atmospheric info and look angle from the Leica.