• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Vortex, Leica, other options?

Warlok813

FUBAR
Minuteman
May 29, 2019
Im looking at getting a rangefinder, so far i have looked at the Vortex razor or the leica rangemaster Crf-2400r. Can anyone add input or make a sugestion staying in or around the same price range as these 2? Not looking to spend over about 600$. Thanks

Last edited:
I like Leica. Used a 1600B for a while. Upgraded to the 2700B now. Picked it up in the classifieds here for $525. If you watch the classifieds you can often find good deals here.

My buddy has a vortex and it seems good as well although I don’t have a much experience with it.

Leica are hard to beat if you can find a decent deal on one. They generally will range even further than advertised. At least that’s my experience.

I was planning to pick up the 2400 before I got the 2700. I liked the no frills decent price tag the Leica offered without compromising the performance of what you really want in a range finder

A sig 2200 is half of what you are wanting to spend and will hit about any reflective target out to distance 1450 yds 66% ipsic unless elr is your thing. I have used the new leupold rx2800 and it’s a great laser as well. Just a few more options

Depending on how soon you need one, the new Bushnell Nitro 1800 is looking promising. The ranges they are listing (800y non-reflective, 1800y reflective) are pretty conservative compared to actual performance based on what I am hearing, and it's got better features than pretty much anything else in the price range (All glass lenses, AB Ultralite built in, Bluetooth connectivity, Kestrel integration that overrides Ultralite, upgradable AB engine in the LRF). Street price is expected to be $350. I should have one coming sometime in the next few weeks to try out, and I will be posting impressions here when I have it.

I realize you didn't ask about this one but I suggest Sig. I am a Vortex fan boy, we use them at work and they never let me down. However my Sig rangefinder (I use the 2400ABS) is the best piece of gear I own. I just used it alongside a bunch of others in a storm and out ranged them all.

I realize you didn't ask about this one but I suggest Sig. I am a Vortex fan boy, we use them at work and they never let me down. However my Sig rangefinder (I use the 2400ABS) is the best piece of gear I own. I just used it alongside a bunch of others in a storm and out ranged them all.
Thanks for the suggestion. Im certainly open to them all