Vortex Razor HD Vs Swarovski

Dasherdude

Private
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2018
These Bino’s will be used for PRS Matches and western hunting looking at the 12x models.
Wondering if the additional $900 is worth the upgrade from the Razor to the ELs

i just had same choice with spotting scope. given it will get used less than 10-20 days a year max between matches and hunting, went with the vortex hd option. for my precision rifle though i did spend the money on nf nxs scope.

If you want a great quality 12x50 binocular that can run in the same class as a Swarovski then look at the Meopta MeoStar 12x50 which would run you around the same price as a Vortex Razor HD.
I know that Vortex reduced the price of their Razor HD a few months ago when they moved production from Japan to China to a street price price of $1099.99.
IMO, the Meopta MeoStar 12x50 is a far better binocular in all ways, optically, builds, quality control.
Please feel free to give us a call to discuss it.

I ran Vortex Razor HD's for a few years. They're good and were a big upgrade from the Leupold Cascades I used before that. My problem is I looked through a pair of swaro EL's.

Saved my money and last year I picked up some EL 8x32's. Couldn't be happier for a pair of binos that I keep in my chest pack and use all year round. Now I'm looking for some SLC 15x56's to put on a tripod for scouting mule deer and RO'ing at comps.

Reactions: Dasherdude
The Razor's are awesome until you look through a pair of Swaro's. I was in Africa on Safri with a pair of Razors and the guide had a pair of Swaro CL 8x30s and they to me were a better image than the Razors.

I came home and ordered the EL Range in 10x42 and carry them everywhere with me now.