• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Update: Pink hi-lighter worked perfectly yesterday and I walked away with 1st place open at my local club ORPS match (Canadian NRL22). I think almost everyone asked me why the heck I had a hi-lighter taped on. One guy thought my folding stock was broken.

View attachment 7855860
Now EVERYONE is gonna tape a pink Hi-Liter to their rifle. Until they start arguing about which color is better...

I dipped my toe in the deep end of the pool today. Tried MARS for the first time.

I only shot four stages (of 9), it's A LOT harder than I was expecting. Standing unsupported with a 17# rifle, shooting a 3/4" target at 15 yards IS A BITCH! I did manage 4 out of 12 points, I missed once in the first five shots, then never got another hit. Shooting a 2" diamond off a cattle gate at 109 yards was really hard...the RO said my elevation was perfect, but I kept missing just to the side in all four positions. I have got to find a place I can practice positional shooting. I wasn't in last place when I quit for the day, but I'll probably end up last since there were 5 more stages to go when I called it a day. Had to get home to watch the Talledaga race. Go Fast! Turn Left!

Yup it’s not as easy as some make them out to be. Those some are usually people who have never shot them. 😉 Now you know what to practice so get on it before the next match and go have some fun.

ETA: Just to clarify that "never shot them" comment was not directed at you @Cowpokey

Yup it’s not as easy as some make them out to be. Those some are usually people who have never shot them. 😉 Now you know what to practice so get on it before the next match and go have some fun.

ETA: Just to clarify that "never shot them" comment was not directed at you @Cowpokey
I had a great time, it was really fun, awesome group of people. Look forward to getting out and doing it again!

Reactions: Rob01
That was some of the most fun I've had shooting a rimfire competition. Granted that was my first attempt at positional. We (as a family) have been shooting Rimfire Challenge for a little over three years. Another great discipline, and awesome people to compete with doing that also.

Does anyone have a picture of what the upgraded bolt stop on the 360's look like?
Haven't seen anything posted, but they are supposed to be heat treated or something along those lines to make them stronger. From what I've read, the first versions that came out weren't and that's where the problems were reported. Mine was built in June/July of 2021, haven't had any problems with it...hope I don't, but if it happens it will be fixed.

There was one guy in our squad shooting some version of a 10/22, he did pretty well at the 15-50 yard stuff, not so good beyond that. He was eyeing my rifle, said something to the effect, "that looks like a couple mortgage payments". LOL pretty cool dude. We had some fun BSing about all kinds of stuff.

Anyone on the fence about getting out and giving PRS22/NRL22/NRL22X/MARS a try, DO IT, you will have an outstanding time!

Reactions: CBeck and nikonNUT
Haven't seen anything posted, but they are supposed to be heat treated or something along those lines to make them stronger. From what I've read, the first versions that came out weren't and that's where the problems were reported. Mine was built in June/July of 2021, haven't had any problems with it...hope I don't, but if it happens it will be fixed.
apparently in order to get the new one it needs to go back to VGW or in our case up in Canada it has to go back to the approved vudoo gunsmith. so it likely is larger and requires machining into the action

Really? Always thought they were more. I usually try to find $60 a night hotels maybe $80 is my buddy Tony is splitting it but I go cheap. Lol
90% of the time I can. Example is a no tell hotel in Valley View for 63.00/night or a 2 bedroom in Honey Grove (30 minutes from the range) for 65.00. Just me? Tiny home for 45.00 15 minutes from the match.

it was a pretty weird match today, 9 stages all in about a space of 100 feet wide. Maybe that's not weird for other matches? No idea, my first try for this.
Really depends on the range. Were you shooting the match at Baltimore County Fish and Game? That is pretty close to standard spread. Some MARS ranges are a little more wide open and a couple of them are a little bit tighter. If you had fun yesterday, you should come out to York IWLA next month for their MARS match. I'm pretty sure I'll be shooting that one.

Reactions: Cowpokey
Really depends on the range. Were you shooting the match at Baltimore County Fish and Game? That is pretty close to standard spread. Some MARS ranges are a little more wide open and a couple of them are a little bit tighter. If you had fun yesterday, you should come out to York IWLA next month for their MARS match. I'm pretty sure I'll be shooting that one.
I'm seriously considering doing the match this Saturday in Hamburg, PA. It's right at 2 hours away, which isn't too bad...and it on Saturday, so I won't be distracted with wanting to get home to watch a race. When I signed up the the one yesterday at BCFG I wasn't paying attention and thought it was on Saturday, rather than Sunday. Sunday is the only day of the week everyone in the house has the day off, so even though I use NASCAR as my excuse for quitting early yesterday; I also "need" to be home and help around the yard/house. It will also be another good way to meet more folks and get some more positional shooting in. My personal expectations are pretty low, just want to have fun.

Reactions: MDrimfirerookie
I'm seriously considering doing the match this Saturday in Hamburg, PA. It's right at 2 hours away, which isn't too bad...and it on Saturday, so I won't be distracted with wanting to get home to watch a race. When I signed up the the one yesterday at BCFG I wasn't paying attention and thought it was on Saturday, rather than Sunday. Sunday is the only day of the week everyone in the house has the day off, so even though I use NASCAR as my excuse for quitting early yesterday; I also "need" to be home and help around the yard/house. It will also be another good way to meet more folks and get some more positional shooting in. My personal expectations are pretty low, just want to have fun.
That's another great range to head to. Little bit bigger spread than BCFG and the range goes out to 300 so that is fun too.

Totally get the desire to shoot on Saturday vs Sunday. Hopefully I'll catch you at one at some point.

Reactions: Cowpokey
Anyone know how to remove the bolt release from a gen 2? It’s been “sticking” since I’ve had it for a little over a year. I’ve oiled it and worked it both ways and it still sticks open when I release the bolt and I just push the other end to keep it in the closed position. I reckon there is a small burr somewhere and I’d like to disassemble to see but I’ve removed the threaded pin (to keep it secure) but I can’t wiggle the actual release enough to get it out. Any knowledge to point me in the right direction?

Just took my Vudoo Three60 out of my case after coming back from a match, looks like the bolt stop sheared off?

What's the warranty process like for someone in Canada? Is it possible to just get a bolt stop shipped up and fix it myself or would I have to send the action out? Going to be sending emails out to Vudoo and GBT (Canadian dealer) but since it's Easter weekend I'm not expecting replies until Monday. I have a match in two weeks so I just want to know if I need to spend my weekend sourcing another rifle or if it can be fixed in time. Does anyone know how long the turnaround time is on a fix like this (estimate)?
I don’t know if your new bolt stop arrived but one thing to look out for is a burr on the action on the outside of the hole under the bolt stop lever. When mine broke it caused a burr big enough that I had to send it to a Vudoo approved GS throug GoBig in Sask to have it machined down.

I haven’t had this problem, but in September the bolt stop on my Vudoo 360 sheared off. Vudoo was quick to send out a replacement. I was shooting tonight, and it sheared off again! It’s been 319 rounds since replacement. I’m not working the bolt excessively hard. Has anyone else had this problem?
Happened to me today. Only have about 500 rds through mine. Hopefully they have a replacement out soon before next match this coming weekend.

Attachments

• 20220507_165007.jpg
    20220507_165007.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 126
Gentlemen, I enjoy your comments so much as I have not been to the range in over 6 months. My Vudoo repeater has about 200 rounds through it and my single shot about 75 Not by choice As my wonderful bride of 55 years is in the early stages of dementia and I have become the full time caretaker your comment insert a little pleasure in my day. Looking for someone to stay with her from time to time for several hours so I can open the gun safe and expend lead purely for sanity sake . Enjoy life while you can as it is all to short

Good luck with your journey. I have been dealing with my mom and Alzheimer's for the past almost year and a half now and it's not an easy task. Especially trying to do it long distance. It has seriously taken a lot of energy from anything shooting related and last year showed it with very few matches being shot.

Gentlemen, I enjoy your comments so much as I have not been to the range in over 6 months. My Vudoo repeater has about 200 rounds through it and my single shot about 75 Not by choice As my wonderful bride of 55 years is in the early stages of dementia and I have become the full time caretaker your comment insert a little pleasure in my day. Looking for someone to stay with her from time to time for several hours so I can open the gun safe and expend lead purely for sanity sake . Enjoy life while you can as it is all to short
My friend I wish you the very best in your endeavor as a caretaker. My mother suffered from dementia compounded by a bad heart and a stroke. I was blessed that she was never more than a mile away from my house so I was with her as much a humanly possible but it was a rough time in my life. God speed to you and your wife.

On a random note... Been frustrated with the Vudoo as of late as it seems to hate EVERYTHING I feed it. As in "Do I have a bum scope? Are the action screws loose? Should I cancel on my match?" questions. Center-X and all the flavors of SK that I have fed it it doesn't seem to like. Went to friends place to try and hit at 300, said screw it, grabbed a random brick of CCI SV and I'll be damned if it didn't shoot lights out at 100, 185, and 305! I know, I know... Let the flaming begin but "my" Vudoo seems to really like the cheap stuff 🤷‍♂️

Best of luck to you. I recently lost my dad to Lewy Body Dementia and he required round the clock care. It was super expensive to the tune of several hundred thousand dollars and I was the power of attorney who had to make all the decisions. Pretty much ate up my life for a year while it was at its worst. Now dealing with my fathers estate has now taken over my life. Time is precious and just enjoy the time you have to it’s fullest. The times I did shoot were great and I would take my weak dad and shoot some black powder with him. Actually made some great memories. Again best of luck to you.

We lost Dad four years ago last month; after working with him on the family farm for the past 50+yrs, it was quite a blow. We did so much together over the years that there's not a thing on the place that doesn't remind me of him - which - although it initially caused some pain & tears - I'm now very grateful for the memories. Now my Mother is suffering from congestive heart failure and the beginnings of dementia. Thank God for my four sisters, who are all close enough to spend some time with her on a daily basis. Though I see her every day at lunch, the girls spend quite a bit of time with her while I'm working on the farm, and are always bringing food items & frozen meals over for her. I've seen this situation play out with both sets of grandparents years ago, and all I can say is thank God for the good times I was able to spend with them while I was younger. I'm so very grateful to have had a full family while growing up, and the heartbreak all of us have experienced and are still going through is indicative of all the love we received from our wonderful parents & Grandparents - where would we be without all the wonderful memories they helped make for us?

I appreciate so much the supportive comments. I have already gone through being the guardian, power of attorney and executor for four relatives but with my wife it is so close to home. At the onset of the disease they are aware that the are forgetting things and they get frustrated and very upset. This is the stage we are in. As the the disease progress I have been told they dont any longer realize that and then it is the caretaker/ loved one that truly emotionally suffers. She is and has been my foundation and I will do anything to keep her as I said sorry to interrupt the thread but your comments have been most appreciated . By the way I only knew this magnificent lady for five days when I proposed and she accepted …. Don’t know what she sees in this old guy but I’m not questioning
thanks again

Sure am glad this was posted. I have a shelf full of various cleaning solvents from days of centerfire and pistol shooting. Don't remember why, but I picked up some Rimfire Blend. Just read a review on another forum where it was analyzed, 90% water. Just ordered some C4. Thanks Littlepod. I rechecked some of my targets and think Jacob will be very happy with the barrel.
90% water!?

All I've ever used in my vudoo has been rimfire blend. Used on all my other 22's as well.

I did have some really stubborn funk in the throat area in the vudoo and after a couple cleaning sessions it wasn't giving up. I put a rubber plug in the breach and pulled the bolt up against it with a rubber band. Left itvstand three days and patched it out. Borescoped it and honestly it looked like it had never been fired.

90% water!?

All I've ever used in my vudoo has been rimfire blend. Used on all my other 22's as well.

I did have some really stubborn funk in the throat area in the vudoo and after a couple cleaning sessions it wasn't giving up. I put a rubber plug in the breach and pulled the bolt up against it with a rubber band. Left itvstand three days and patched it out. Borescoped it and honestly it looked like it had never been fired.

Yeh and C4 will remove that from the throat in about 15min.

90% water!?

Where is the review that says 90 percent water? I also use Rimfire blend but I also use Eliminator and C4 when cleaning my barrels. Probably overkill but it’s what I do. C4 really does the trick with stubborn carbon. Just let it soak. Rimfire blend is just what I use to start then eliminator then C4 then back with eliminator. I can’t imagine 90 percent water based solvent doing much. Is the actual testing lab slip pictured because I find that hard to believe.

Where is the review that says 90 percent water? I also use Rimfire blend but I also use Eliminator and C4 when cleaning my barrels. Probably overkill but it’s what I do. C4 really does the trick with stubborn carbon. Just let it soak. Rimfire blend is just what I use to start then eliminator then C4 then back with eliminator. I can’t imagine 90 percent water based solvent doing much. Is the actual testing lab slip pictured because I find that hard to believe.
Don't know. Someone else posted that originally. Seems hard to believe to me also.

Reactions: Doctorwho1138
Don't know. Someone else posted that originally. Seems hard to believe to me also.

To say Remfire Blend is 90% water can be misleading. Many cleaning chemicals are way to abrasive in their purest form to be used on barrels. Water is also a mild cleaner and is used to dilute many chemicals. Actually hot soapy water is one of the best ways to clean a black powder barrel. I would be a lot more afraid of some of these super barrel cleaners than I would of water.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hookturnr and XP1K
Anyone ever shoot much Eley out of their V22? I know the chamber is cut for Lapua but I have several boxes of Tenex. I've done the small modification to the mags and it seems to feed pretty good now but I did have about 7-8 (out of 50) failure to fires today. I would eject the round and put it back in the mag and it would fire fine. I'm no gunsmith but I'm guessing it was a light primer strike. I've never had it happen to any other ammo but I've only shot SK and Lapua from this rifle. It shot really well and I'd love to make it work out if I can. Ideas?

Reactions: Papa Mike
Anyone ever shoot much Eley out of their V22? I know the chamber is cut for Lapua but I have several boxes of Tenex. I've done the small modification to the mags and it seems to feed pretty good now but I did have about 7-8 (out of 50) failure to fires today. I would eject the round and put it back in the mag and it would fire fine. I'm no gunsmith but I'm guessing it was a light primer strike. I've never had it happen to any other ammo but I've only shot SK and Lapua from this rifle. It shot really well and I'd love to make it work out if I can. Ideas?
I haven't...but I've heard (read) people have changed springs to get a heavier firing pin strike to solve that issue. It's probably somewhere in this thread, but might be a challenge to find. I'm sure someone with real experience will be along shortly to give you better advice.

I haven't...but I've heard (read) people have changed springs to get a heavier firing pin strike to solve that issue. It's probably somewhere in this thread, but might be a challenge to find. I'm sure someone with real experience will be along shortly to give you better advice.
I'm currently experiencing the same issue with a case of Eley Club. I'm sure it's the ammo because it's happened in several rifles and those rifles have never had a light primer strike before now.

The Vudoo bolt has a screw you can turn to let the firing pin come out more. It's captured it won't get damaged, so I would do a turn or two on that screw to let the pin come out more. A few of my friends got their Vudoos and had to do it a click or two to stop the light strikes on their Vudoo.

I’ve been shooting Eley this year. My experience initially was like yours but it shot so well I continued. Switching the firing pin spring has got me down to 1 or 2 failures per 100 rounds.

Reactions: SourMash