Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

whoot whoott!!! I woke up to a shipping number!!!!
We've shipped everything out so if someone doesn't have a shipping number they need to let us know lol. We're saving some for Nationals to give people a chance to buy them in person and then we'll throw another big batch up on the site

Got my L3I 15rd Al mag this week, set it up on Friday at home to get it running....LOL, had all kinds of weird missfeeds...1st round would jam, clear it cycle the rest then reload the 10, 4th round would jam, clear it then reload the 10, 8th round!!!

WTH is going on? Kept adjusting the height, standoff setting screws, etc, etc...finally figured out it was that one round was somehow miss-shaped and it was the same round jamming each time.

Once I took it out and just used the 'good' rounds it fed fine.

Took it to the range Sunday and ran multiple 15 round tests on the bench and barricades and it ran flawless.

Ordered 2 barreled actions in August as 24” MTU. They just emailed today saying they can’t do 24” only 22”. This sound right?

I thought others were getting 24”

Not trying to bash emailed them back just a question of why they took my order 2 months ago saying yes no problem take my money now oooos we messed up.

Ordered 2 barreled actions in August as 24” MTU. They just emailed today saying they can’t do 24” only 22”. This sound right?

I thought others were getting 24”

Not trying to bash emailed them back just a question of why they took my order 2 months ago saying yes no problem take my money now oooos we messed up.

Yes that is correct. The Kukri and MTU go to 22" and the 1.2" go to 24".

Finally got the new L3I Stinger mag in. What a shit show with the UPS to USPS service. It sucks period.
I took the time last night to set up the mag. Just a word of warning.. once you get it adjusted to your liking make sure you SAFELY chamber some rounds and extract them. Inspect the bullet tips. I initially adjusted the mag with very little vertical play which felt like it fed fine. But when I extracted the rounds I noticed that there were large scrapes on the bullet tips. As they were feeding in they were making too sharp of an angle up and in catching the upper edge of the chamber.

I ended up giving the mag a bit more up and down play which brought the mag height a little lower. Now when I chamber and extract the bullet tip looks untouched. The mag has about 1/16” play but that solved the bullet tip situation.
When I insert the mag I give it a pull down and it works just fine.

I’m using my Vudoo in a Foundation stock with the MDT bottom metal.

Finally got the new L3I Stinger mag in. What a shit show with the UPS to USPS service. It sucks period.
I took the time last night to set up the mag. Just a word of warning.. once you get it adjusted to your liking make sure you SAFELY chamber some rounds and extract them. Inspect the bullet tips. I initially adjusted the mag with very little vertical play which felt like it fed fine. But when I extracted the rounds I noticed that there were large scrapes on the bullet tips. As they were feeding in they were making too sharp of an angle up and in catching the upper edge of the chamber.

I ended up giving the mag a bit more up and down play which brought the mag height a little lower. Now when I chamber and extract the bullet tip looks untouched. The mag has about 1/16” play but that solved the bullet tip situation.
When I insert the mag I give it a pull down and it works just fine.

I’m using my Vudoo in a Foundation stock with the MDT bottom metal.

Oh man, I feel ya there. My original ETA was for this past Saturday. It's now back to "The delivery date will be provided as soon as possible" SMH. Apparently the Post Office has it as of 6am today though so 🤞

Appreciate the tip on setup. I had similar issues with the Elite mags and had to play with the height a lot. Glad to hear they're working well so far now that you have them setup.

Reactions: 021411
I received my second order and set them up…real simple in an Envy Pro just set them to were they are tight to the bottom of the action and they run flawless and feed straight into the chamber even if I push on the mag.

The only thing I see is is make sure the first round is not nosing down at all…awesome mags!!

Attachments

• IMG_0271.jpeg
    IMG_0271.jpeg
    724.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0270.jpeg
    IMG_0270.jpeg
    684.5 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: Mark_Dorman
My two L3i Stinger mags showed up yesterday, after getting stuck for a few days in the 'black hole' that the Wichita, Ks. postal hub has turned into. Had an even worse experience with a couple of really nice Unertl scopes that came from a seller in Arizona this past spring - the seller is a stand-up guy, and was on the Scottsdale PO like stink on you-know-what when they didn't show up here. For awhile, it appeared that they'd never left Az., but then we discovered that they were sitting in Wichita, and continued to be hung-up there for another week. I live only 200mi west of Wichita, and am far from the only person who has had issues with that postal hub - our 'local' news comes out of the Wichita TV stations, and there was a story on how screwed-up things are there on the news a few months ago. So when I got my shipping notice last week that originated in Lee's Summit, Mo., I knew that if there was a hold-up, it would come when the package got to Wichita.

Whatever - I wasted no time in getting one of the mags set up to work in my Three-60, which is in a Manners PRS1T with PTG Stealth DBM. I haven't had time to run any rounds out of the mag, but will do so sometime today to check how smoothly they feed and whether I need to raise the mag catch to allow a slight bit of vertical play to avoid dinging the nose of the bullets. I did try the mags in my oldest V22 - a Gen 1 that I've owned since 2017 - that's also in a Manners PRS1T with the same Stealth DBM as the 360 - but it won't latch, and will need to be adjusted to work in that rifle. This could perhaps be because I've got it adjusted to latch up tight in the 360, and if I need to back off how snug I've got it set for, then it might fit fine in the older rifle. Just need time to play with the Stingers...I'm very impressed with the quality and how slick the follower runs.

I just got mine yesterday as well. USPS isn't great hear but definitely nothing like what some have experienced.

These mags are super nice and have already started playing with them. I have my 360 in a Manners TCS so no adjustable mag latch. I have noticed what when I get them really snug, the mag release becomes super hard to actuate and drop the mags. I have to rock them around a bit to get them to drop if I get them really snug.

I've since adjusted them so they sit almost exactly like the OE polymer mags and they seems to run great. I've run them with 15 dummy rounds several times with no issues. We'll see how well they work at the range when I get out next.

Side note, these are heavy as f*ck. Just over 1 lb not loaded.
1729183409615.png
1729183415501.png

It definitely doesn't need to be this heavy, but I can live with it. I also check to see if it changed the balance on my rifle. It shifted the balance point back by like 1/8" which is fine. My main complain is my rifle just jumped a full pound in overall weight. Not a huge deal, but a tad annoying considering I liked where it was at.

That’s it for me. I’m light to favor a bad shoulder even though my rife really could use a couple more ounces up front. So, I’ll just stick with the poly mags. In my case, the poly mags work perfectly. Plus, the weight of my rifle is fine just like it Is. Guess it’s a question of why fix what isn’t broke.

Still one always has to appreciate the fine workmanship of these new magazines.

Last edited:
Reactions: LR1845
I got my stinger mags in as well. Bought a couple for me and a buddy. Damn that little box was heavy!

I got them adjusted by using YouTube videos lol. I will say you have to leave a little slop and also make sure your bolt is closed. Got my adjust perfectly and my bolt was open 🤦🏻‍♂️

They are very heavy and fall free very easily. They feed great and are smooth.

Reactions: LR1845
I like the weight, love the adjustability and craftsmanship...I have never really had issues with the poly mags other than an occasional rim lock when loading in a hurry but solved that with a mag loader...I guess for me I just like quality....Or is it just spending money on stuff I don't really need LOL!!

Why would it even be thought of to make it super heavy like a centerfire? Makes no sense at all. Never have I said "man I wish this magazine weighed as much as my centerfire mags!". LOL It's probably that weight just because that's how it worked out in manufacture. I wouldn't read into it anymore than that.

Why would it even be thought of to make it super heavy like a centerfire? Makes no sense at all. Never have I said "man I wish this magazine weighed as much as my centerfire mags!". LOL It's probably that weight just because that's how it worked out in manufacture. I wouldn't read into it anymore than that.
Many PRS guys use their 22 setups as "trainers" and have them setup to be as close to possible to their centerfire rifles. You could argue that the mag weight doesn't make that much of difference in the grand scheme of training and I would agree.

Many PRS guys use their 22 setups as "trainers" and have them setup to be as close to possible to their centerfire rifles. You could argue that the mag weight doesn't make that much of difference in the grand scheme of training and I would agree.

I agree too that mag weight means squat even in a “trainer”. I have been using aics mags in my match rifles for 20 years and poly mags in my Vudoo for 7 years. Weight makes no difference.

I know the Stinger mag was made for their Stinger action but I’m sure they knew that the Vudoo owners would jump on board. If I was a betting man I’m sure a large percentage of the Vudoo owners wouldn’t have spec’ed out a heavy ass mag if they asked for pre-production feedback. Maybe they did. Who knows. A 19 oz loaded mag doesn’t make my rifle ass heavy but I also don’t need 19 oz for gaming purposes.