• Site Updates Coming Monday

We’re planning to start making changes bright and early on Monday so you might see the site down fir a bit, but no worries, we’ll make our changes and be back as soon as we can!

VIEW THREAD
  • Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wanting to build 16" Recce but hung up on barrel choice

KCode

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2019
Which barrel would you guys go with? Not too concerned with weight but a more balanced/light weight barrel would be nice.

Currently looking at WOA SPR barrel but wanting other options. $3xx is the budget I'm putting on this barrel.

Main goal is 77gr accuracy medium range 100-400 yards.

My SPRecce is built on a 16" WOA SPR barrel and it's averaged under 1 MOA with 77gr IMI Razor Core through multiple groups. I've also used a Rainier Arms 16" match barrel that was excellent with 77's as well.

Roscoe recently released a 16" K9 barrel that looks pretty good and so far the accuracy reports indicate that it's a decent option. Criterion Core 16" ML barrels appear to be a solid option as well.

IMO it's pretty hard to beat WOA for the value and accuracy.

Reactions: FWoo45 and simonp
So here I am with the worst part of this hobby, the damn nickel and diming. But hear me out...So my budget is $300...BUT...

This is the buy right now @ $300 https://www.whiteoakarmament.com/16-spr-barrel-1.html

But then there's this girl... @ $510 (but hear me out below)

That is a $210 difference. However if you look into it the V7 has the following that the WOA doesn't:

1. It is 12.3oz lighter WITH the gas block pinned on and WOA with no gas block only barrel weight
  2. The V7 barrel comes with a titanium gas block ($89) and a midlength gas tube ($20) the WOA only gets you the barrel
  3. Gas block is pinned on and not set screws with dimples

Guys talk me out of spending $510 on a barrel! 😭😭

Roscoe recently released a 16" K9 barrel that looks pretty good and so far the accuracy reports indicate that it's a decent option.
I've been looking for an excuse to snag one of these. Between my excellent results with my Rosco barrel and the intermediate gas system it just seems like I need one.

Reactions: Jsp556
Roscoe recently released a 16" K9 barrel that looks pretty good and so far the accuracy reports indicate that it's a decent option. Criterion Core 16" ML barrels appear to be a solid option as well.

I've been looking for an excuse to snag one of these. Between my excellent results with my Rosco barrel and the intermediate gas system it just seems like I need one.

Ended up getting a Rosco

Well I've been interested in a Rosco barrel since I heard about them supplying Colt. Primary Arms right now has the new K9 16" @ $169 on sale so it kinda was a "Why not?" moment. Here is a bit on the new K9...Seems promising hopefully! Ended up saving myself a crowd of money too.

Worst case scenario it should balance well and be a soft shooter! Excited to hand load for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: TonyTheTiger
I've got a 16" V7 lightweight fluted and love it. Wrote specifics in another thread a while back if you search my posts.

I have a 16”, stainless, melonited Lothar Walther barrel that shoots really good. They used to sell in the $350 price range.

X-Caliber. I did a 16" HBAR fluted and they'll do a 5/8x24 threaded barrel end so less deformity vs. 1/2x28. I can almost guarantee they're having a 4th of July sale and if you don't get too fancy with your choices, you could come in at budget or just slightly over. You can basically pick every specification. I would not hesitate to buy another barrel from them as it's proven to be extremely accurate with a wide variety of bullet weights. I load for 60, 62 grain and 77 grain pills.

Last edited:
Reactions: JCARL