• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

PRS Talk WAR rifles PRS match

welp - nevermind.

was just sent some info about the match and parking situation. sounds like it's going to be pain/not possible for me to show up mid-match and watch. they are shuttling shooters over from a main parking area and not bringing anyone back until after the match

welp - nevermind.

was just sent some info about the match and parking situation. sounds like it's going to be pain/not possible for me to show up mid-match and watch. they are shuttling shooters over from a main parking area and not bringing anyone back until after the match
its only a 1.6 mile walk to the ranges, just walk.

im shooting the match, in squad 8. They took away my ability to zero tomorrow AFTER i coordinated about a month ago to be able to zero on saturday. this match is tbh, almost unfair.

its only a 1.6 mile walk to the ranges, just walk.

im shooting the match, in squad 8. They took away my ability to zero tomorrow AFTER i coordinated about a month ago to be able to zero on saturday. this match is tbh, almost unfair.

PM me.

i live 50 min from the match

are you coming from far? might be able to hook you up with a spot to zero

A shooters truck was broken into and gear stolen in the area. Shitty situation.

Perhaps all the local shooters would keep an eye out for any gear sales that seem sketchy.

Was this before or during the match?

I will say this was my first official PRS match and what a way to get started. Saturday had to be the windiest day in Maryland ever. Mother Nature didn't give a D@mn at all. But I wet to get my feet wet, and yup I shot Production. Didn't mind it one bit.

Had a great squad that had some really great shooters who gave me tips along the way. Had one shooter in the squad, won't mention his name, but he was proof to the fact you don't have to have the most expensive custom rifle, a lot of expensive gadgets or gear to be competitive. I swear I think he hand made all of the gear he used minus the action on his rifle, and it shot.
I learned a lot, had fun & GREAT FOOD during the match. It seemed like the match Director, Drew I believe, put a lot of effort and thought into the match and making it enjoyable and fair for the shooters. Especially considering this was their inaugural match.
Even when some few small issues came about they rolled with it, blown tractor tires and all. (Pun intended)

The only real issue was believed it or not..the good food. You couldn't get guys to put the got damn burgers, tacos, and chicken sandwiches down to get back to shooting:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Seriously., I was guilty too.
So maybe next time they will designate a lunchtime or something.

I know I'm just a FNG to the PRS thing, but hey that's my opinion. The match was good enough to make me want to shoot another. and I think that's something.

Was this before or during the match?

I will say this was my first official PRS match and what a way to get started. Saturday had to be the windiest day in Maryland ever. Mother Nature didn't give a D@mn at all. But I wet to get my feet wet, and yup I shot Production. Didn't mind it one bit.

Had a great squad that had some really great shooters who gave me tips along the way. Had one shooter in the squad, won't mention his name, but he was proof to the fact you don't have to have the most expensive custom rifle, a lot of expensive gadgets or gear to be competitive. I swear I think he hand made all of the gear he used minus the action on his rifle, and it shot.
I learned a lot, had fun & GREAT FOOD during the match. It seemed like the match Director, Drew I believe, put a lot of effort and thought into the match and making it enjoyable and fair for the shooters. Especially considering this was their inaugural match.
Even when some few small issues came about they rolled with it, blown tractor tires and all. (Pun intended)

The only real issue was believed it or not..the good food. You couldn't get guys to put the got damn burgers, tacos, and chicken sandwiches down to get back to shooting:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Seriously., I was guilty too.
So maybe next time they will designate a lunchtime or something.

I know I'm just a FNG to the PRS thing, but hey that's my opinion. The match was good enough to make me want to shoot another. and I think that's something.

I think I know the guy you are talking about.... did he have xlr chassis with makeshift cheek riser and zip ties for dope card holder? Lol.

I rode out on the trailer with him day 2. Good guy. He was talking with a guy from I think phantom tactical maybe. But had a wood handguard too. And that food will be the talk of the match next year. Chipotle pork tacos were some of the best food I have EVER had.

I rode out on the trailer with him day 2. Good guy. He was talking with a guy from I think phantom tactical maybe. But had a wood handguard too. And that food will be the talk of the match next year. Chipotle pork tacos were some of the best food I have EVER had.

yumm! yeah the phantom guys all shoot locally - one of them i shoot with and practice with regularly.

Wooden cheek riser? Yup, same guy. Squad 10. Don't want to post his name if he's not on the forum but a great guy to shoot with.

yup he's awesome. i think he even spins his own barrels. i've shot with him a handful of times and he usually ROs. he's a character

the squad my buddies were shooting had a guy not come back the second day. maybe it was him? that's so shitty
We had a guy not come back on the 2nd day as well. A USPSA guy looking to transfer into PRS. i guess it was his first time on a bolt gun.

I did not place well over all, however, I also was shooting an unzeroed rifle with no data. Placed 8th within the production class. somehow, placed 4th (now 5th) nation wide in production?

Reactions: Olen_4504
I did not place well over all, however, I also was shooting an unzeroed rifle with no data.

They let you shoot with a rifle that wasn't zeroed? And you actually attempted to use one in a match? Wow, standards have loosened up. Remember, each one of those 150gr projectiles going 2800fps has a little devil lawyer sitting on it, just waiting for a legal 'event'.

Reactions: ballison
I was under the impression the stolen gear was stolen from the Hotel in La Plata, not from the match itself. Nothing to do with the match at all other than the victim was supposed to shoot the match.

Most challenging match I've ever shot, and very well run. the WAR crew did a great job.

Reactions: Redeye3
I was under the impression the stolen gear was stolen from the Hotel in La Plata, not from the match itself. Nothing to do with the match at all other than the victim was supposed to shoot the match.

Most challenging match I've ever shot, and very well run. the WAR crew did a great job.

yeah i think we all gathered that much. i didn't think it was stolen from the match, rather either a hotel or while at dinner or something

It was stolen Friday night at the hotel near Hooters in Waldorf, he called me at 6 a.m. and said I'm not going to be able to make it all my stuff was stolen accept my rifle which he had in the room.

Learning experience I'm sure he will never do that again, everything comes in everything comes out! Had a great match very tough, I'm satisfied with my performance even though I lost a lot of dumb easy points. Next time

Shout out to the wars crew, they ran a hell of a match.

Reactions: PinesAndProjectiles
The WAR rifles guys did a great job running it. Would absolutely shoot this match again. Hope they have it at same location next year as its only 45 mins away.

Strangely I did better the first day than the second. On stages that were similar, I had much better results on day one. Was hoping the wind would pick up on day 2.

That wind was crazy on day 1. Match was awesome though, and pretty well run. Especially knowing that the WAR team cut down all the trees and built the range just since Jan 1. They put alot of work into that match and it showed.

Best match and best food of any PRS match that I have attended in the last three years. The WAR rifles folks did an outstanding job. A lot of work went into the match and it showed. They had some cool props. I really liked the WAR barricade. 12 positions in 90 sec is a challenge but fun!
Great job WAR Rifles.

Challenging match. High wind, fairly small targets, and on most stages no splash was visible. If your DOPE was off, it cost you. I loved it! Will do it again. WAR did a fantastic job setting it up. And yes, the food truck caused a log jam!!! Best chicken sandwich ever!!!
Bang

Last edited:
Far too many thefts (some targeted at the actual rifles/gear, some not) happening around the country. Mind you, not a lot, but enough to notice it.

This is why I purchased 40k insurance for my gear.

blanket coverage or did you need to schedule out all your guns etc?

Blanket as long as single item isn’t valued at 10k (not the package as a whole with scope and such).

If individual item is worth 10k, it needs to be scheduled.

If someone steals my rifle with optic, mount, and accessories, I file a claim on each individual accessory.

5k ammo and 5k reloading equipment limit of coverage.

$100 deductible