WASHINGTON STATE FIREMISSION RED ALERT: Petition to repeal HB1240 (AWB). Deadline 07/05/2024.

Blue Sky Country

Urban Cowboy
Minuteman
    2A ALERT FOR WASHINGTON STATE:

INITIATIVE-2050, a petition filed to repeal Gov. Inslee's semiauto rifle ban HB1240 has been made official and open for signatures now. The deadline will be July 5, 2024 5:00PM with a goal of 324,516 valid signatures.

MORE INFORMATION:

FULL TEXT OF I-2050 CITIZEN BALLOT INITIATIVE:

----------
    ----------
    Initiative Measure No. 2050

Filed March 19, 2024

AN ACT Relating to firearms; and creating a new section.

BE IT ENACTED BY THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON:

NEW SECTION. Sec. 1. We, the people of Washington state, demand that every constitutional right be respected to the fullest extent. None of our rights should be at the mercy of sensationalized fear and emotional misinformation! House Bill 1240 was passed under the false assumption that it would cut down on the "explosion of gun violence" with no regard for not only the constitutionality of the ban, but also the house bill’s effect on law abiding citizens legally practicing inalienable rights. If we continue to restrict citizens and businesses from one of the most consistent, common, safe, and modern class of firearm in America, not only will be turning our back on the very constitution that this country was founded on, we also put more young or first time Washington state gun owners at a disadvantage, against those who had no intention in respecting any law in the first place. HS.1240 must be repealed due to its clear infringement on our second amendment right, although well intentioned, any weapons ban of any arms will only change the tool in which evil is carried out. Until we switch our focus from restricting the law abiding citizens to those who carry out that evil, and how they got to that point, we will never address the true underlining issues within our society.
    --- END ---
    ----------
    ----------

ETA: I believe the petitions are paper ballots that must be mailed or submitted. No online link to a signature form is present.

Last edited:
    I live in Illinois where we can't buy scary rifles anym because of an assault weapons ban forced upon us by our Liberty hating governor Pritzker.
    I urge you to legally fight this with everything that you have.
    These tyrannical governors must be defeated.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
    Alritghy then, I spent a good 6 months travelling to different rod and gun type groups warning them about the ban of mountain lion hunting in the state of CA. It made me sick to hear other hunters and shooters tell me to my face that the lion law would never pass.

Yeah, right.

We as hunters, shooters and the remainder of the "outdoors" club need to get our shit together because the bunny hugger, uneducated groups are much better at taking our rights than we are at saving them.

Gentlemen, please educate yourselves about upcoming legislation and spread the word. Keep track of how many hunters and shooters say a law like this one will never pass. Speak the truth and back it up with facts and figures.

Last edited:
    Alritghy then, I spent a good 6 months travelling to different rod and gun type groups warning them about the ban of mountain lion hunting in the state of CA. It mades me sick to hear other hunters and shooters tell me to my face that the lion law would never pass.

Yeah, right.

We as hunters, shooters and the remainder of the "outdoors" club need to get our shit together because the bunny hugger, uneducated groups are much better at taking our rights than we are at saving them.

Gentlemen, please educate yourselves about upcoming legislation and spread the word. Keep track of how many hunters and shooters say a law like this one will never pass. Speak the truth and back it up with facts and figures.

Everything that people in the late 1990s and early 2000s would deem and dismiss as late night talk radio "conspiracy theories" have come to pass.

Mandated dangerous wide scale medical experiments passed off as "vaccines"? CHECK.

Lab grown meat and "eat the bugs"? CHECK.

Campaigns to ban gas stoves, legislating traditional HVAC/refrigeration units out of existence by regulating their refrigerants? CHECK.

Giant hive/honeycomb prison cities for the masses? CHECK. NEOM is already being built in the Saudi Arabian desert with a globalist panel backing and funding.

Nothing is too ludicrous to the left. We must be on point and ready to alert fellow shooters of anything that is heard over the channels. It is better to be prepared way in advance than be caught off guard. One of the favorite tactics of the antigunners is take advantage of large scale media distractions to silently ram bills and executive orders through like the sneak thieves they are.

Reactions: mtwarych
    These aren't exact numbers but it's close.

Ten percent of the U.S. citizens are pro gun, pro hunt and enjoy all of the wonderful things the United States Of America has to offer us.

Ten percent of the public are strictly anti gun and anti hunting and there is no way to change their minds.

Eighty percent of the general public don't know or pay much attention to firearm legislation or hunting regulations. The eighty percent of the general public are the people we need to talk to with facts and figures.

I can guarantee that the bunny huggers won't use facts or figures because it proves their legislation lacking. The bunny huggers use peoples lack of knowledge and emotions to push their agendas and are damned good at it.

We can vote our way out of this but it will take a little effort to know what you are talking about and talk to the people who's opinion you can change by simply using facts.