• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Training Courses Way Of The Gun class, Lincoln, AL - Two thumbs up!

sentry1

Crayon Eater
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2012
Madison, Alabama
Way Of The Gun

I went by Friday to take Frank Proctor's precision rifle class, and it was definitely worth the money. Frank runs a down and dirty, practical class, and it was great for a newbie like me.

He opens up with a basic intro to the rifle anatomy, gear prep, basic ballistics, and cleaning lesson. After getting everyone into a good prone position and a 100 yard zero, it's on to a wide range that goes from 200 to about 700 yds.

Frank teaches using ballistic apps to get a good range card, improvised shooting positions, wind calls, holdovers, and just about anything else you might need to know.

We got a pretty good class on wind calls, using a Kestrel to get a feel for what vegetation looks like at certain wind values. Even better was the improvised shooting positions. Off berms, tables, supported tripods, even shooting off trees.

I showed up undergeared, I'd been using a multipurpose padded case/shooting mat, a bipod that was too tall, and sans rear bag. Frank was on his game though, and had extra mats, rear bags, slings, and even an extra tilt/pan bipod. I got to try out some good gear during the 9 hours we spent out there, and I came away with a much better knowledge of precision shooting, what I wanted to do in the future as far as upgrades and gear setup, and I definitely use my bolt action better now than before I took the class.

Re: Way Of The Gun class, Lincoln, AL - Two thumbs up!

Frank is a great guy and extremely knowledgeable. He's a former SOTIC instructor (SF sniper school) and really one of those guys that's always staying on the cutting edge of the field. I went through his SOTIC class years ago and was highly impressed.
Justin

Frank is a good guy. He threw a match years ago, and I enjoyed it. He's knowledgable with a sidearm as well and has given me advice on Glock components to change out. I saw him hit steel at 100 yards with a glock 9mm.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Frank is a great guy and extremely knowledgeable. He's a former SOTIC instructor (SF sniper school) and really one of those guys that's always staying on the cutting edge of the field. I went through his SOTIC class years ago and was highly impressed.
Justin </div></div>

Great Info, he was recommended to me as well and I did not know about his background. I will definitely give him a call when I get my rig together.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sentry1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Way Of The Gun

I went by Friday to take Frank Proctor's precision rifle class, and it was definitely worth the money. Frank runs a down and dirty, practical class, and it was great for a newbie like me.

He opens up with a basic intro to the rifle anatomy, gear prep, basic ballistics, and cleaning lesson. After getting everyone into a good prone position and a 100 yard zero, it's on to a wide range that goes from 200 to about 700 yds.

Frank teaches using ballistic apps to get a good range card, improvised shooting positions, wind calls, holdovers, and just about anything else you might need to know.

We got a pretty good class on wind calls, using a Kestrel to get a feel for what vegetation looks like at certain wind values. Even better was the improvised shooting positions. Off berms, tables, supported tripods, even shooting off trees.

I showed up undergeared, I'd been using a multipurpose padded case/shooting mat, a bipod that was too tall, and sans rear bag. Frank was on his game though, and had extra mats, rear bags, slings, and even an extra tilt/pan bipod. I got to try out some good gear during the 9 hours we spent out there, and I came away with a much better knowledge of precision shooting, what I wanted to do in the future as far as upgrades and gear setup, and I definitely use my bolt action better now than before I took the class.

</div></div>

+1 for frank and wotg. I took this class recently and its good stuff. Priced right too.