• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Well....damn Sig makes a nice optic.

wvfarrier

Ignorant wretch
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2012
West (By GOD) Virginia
I picked up a new Sig Tang4 6-24×50 ffp with the DevL MOA reticle. This is the newer all black model. I am shocked with how nice of an optic this is. The turrets are audible and tactile, the glass is very clear with really good edge to edge clarity. Im excited to see how it handles under usage.

I have one, the elevation range sucks, 17 mils total, other than that, I like it. It competes well with the pst gen 2.
I was able to get 16 mils of travel with Burris XTR rings with the inserts.

I have one of the 4-24 tango 6’s and have been pretty happy with it. I only have two real gripes with it. One it the turrets are pretty mushy. The other is it has 12 mil per revolution turrets and doesn’t have a second set of numbers for the second rev. I realize this is just a little math but when you are one the clock and dialing for a rimfire it is easy to make a mistake.

I have a t4 4-16 on the .22, mostly because it had more elevation than the 6-24.

I really like the dev-l. Just enough info without being Horus confusing with crap everywhere. Just simple mills.

I don’t have a 4 but I do have a T6 and I love the glass and turrets.
If the 4 is 3/4 as good as a Tango 6, it’s a good scope.

How old is your scope and have you done anything to your turrets? I really like mine but the turrets do kind of stink as far as being tactile. I even took out the o ring and applied a thinner lubricant. That helped but they are still really mushy.

I have a gen II. Only thing I do, on all my scopes, is work the elevation turret for about 10 minutes when I first open the box.
Kind of like cycling a new action to break it in.
It’s also a good test of how well the turrets hold up. If they are going to slip or fail in any way, it’s likely to happen then.
After that, just normal use.

I really really liked using my Tango6 4-24 scope and will probably take a brand new, sealed in box scope, and throw it on a rifle I have coming my way. I really liked the first one I have that I think I'll use this new one and not just leave it in the closet.

However, I believe the OP has a tango4 6-24 instead.
OP, would you be able to take pics of the optic and post them? I want to see what's different than mine...

I got one (well 2) of a bad batch a dealer got in early 2019 (gray/black version but not first really long overall length, so I think gen 2). Overall I liked it, but right out of the box the elevation turret had issues, you could only lock the turret back down if you rotated between clicks while pressing down, windage was fine. Dealer was happy to replace it. The second one had the same issue and when I was running the elevation/windage through it's range the elevation started grinding and locked up in the middle on about the 4th trip. Dealer was going to replace it a third time, but they noticed all of the ones they got had the same issue with the elevation knob only locking between clicks, so they just refunded me and were going to deal with Sig.

That aside it seemed like a nice optic, no where near worth Sig's ridiculous MSRP of like $2800 at the time, but everyone was blowing them out for around $1200 pretty consistently.

I got one (well 2) of a bad batch a dealer got in early 2019 (gray/black version but not first really long overall length, so I think gen 2). Overall I liked it, but right out of the box the elevation turret had issues, you could only lock the turret back down if you rotated between clicks while pressing down, windage was fine. Dealer was happy to replace it. The second one had the same issue and when I was running the elevation/windage through it's range the elevation started grinding and locked up in the middle on about the 4th trip. Dealer was going to replace it a third time, but they noticed all of the ones they got had the same issue with the elevation knob only locking between clicks, so they just refunded me and were going to deal with Sig.

That aside it seemed like a nice optic, no where near worth Sig's ridiculous MSRP of like $2800 at the time, but everyone was blowing them out for around $1200 pretty consistently.

You’re dealer didn’t get a bad batch, he got a batch that was perfectly acceptable to SIG. Allow me to explain.
Last year I got a TANGO6 5-30X56 and I had the same issue plus one. The Christmas tree reticle was unevenly illuminated (so I thought). Needless to say I was pretty livid that a scope worth a lot of money would have problems that much cheaper scopes don’t. Through some contacts at SIG I managed to speak to one of the head guys at Electro Optics (I prefer not to name anyone because I might jeopardize my contacts) this past January. Let’s just say, after a long conversation, he was totally unconcerned about my issues and to him they weren’t issues at all. It was as if that’s how the scopes were designed and if they weren’t designed that way then it’s ok anyway. He didn’t even offer to replace the thing! Later that day after my disbelief wore off I called CS and they replaced the scope at my firm insistence. I got a new one a few weeks ago (yes, that was February and this is June. You do the math) and it has the EXACT SAME PROBLEMS! Or maybe I should say, the exact same features. It’s a great scope otherwise....

Reactions: CrabsandFootball
Sig USA and nice should never be used in the same sentence, unless you are talking old west German guns or shit made in Switzerland.

They don't care about quality and their only goal is to remove money from the pockets of ignorants and the uninformed.

Should surprise nobody. Ron Cohen destroyed Kimber then went on to drive one of the most respected brands in the world, into the shitter.

I don't have any Sig optics, but from my personal experience with their Sig firearms division, they standby their products without question. I have had only positive experience with their warranty work and customer support processes.

Why don't you tell us where Sig touched you, rather than bashing them, with us having no basis for your claims.
You are just low IQ and low information user. Anyone worth their salt in this game is well aware of the numerous issues. Its one of the fastest ways you can tell a gun person doesn't know jack shit. They are fans of Sig. Every fucking time. Books can be written on the subject and I have posted about this before. Feel free to do some research and learn something.

So, your opinion and bashing is based on hearsay, inexperience, and a false feeling of intellectual superiority. As well as an inability to realize this is thread about scopes not guns. 10-4.

No your just following me around because I ripped you a new asshole for bashing cops and everyone was laughing at you. Its pathetic.

Sig Optics is down the road. Like a few miles from Leopold. Best bud's brother is one of the top optical engineers for Leopold and knows the guys who went on to work for Sig. Its all imported chicom shit and some LOW designs. They do hardly anything in Wilsonville but bribe DOD officials and eat at the same BBQ joints.

The difference is I can site hundreds of issues with Sig products and like I said, search my posts and you will see a few posts where I went into detail. Go ahead and spend a couple hundred hours reading about Sig issues over the years. Sorry I can't give you a PHD in firearms history in a single post. Since you are on my balls anyway, go have a look.

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: supercorndogs
I was posting in this thread before you were member here. So when a new post is made in this thread I get a notification. Following you around, a special kind of stupid doesn't describe it.

Anyone who wants a laugh, check out what Buddly here considers "ripping someone a new asshole." Something like what, that fat loud mouth kid in middle sounds like, before you pop him in the eye and he runs of crying to teacher.

You are not even a good troll, get the fuck out with your weak ass shit. Threaten to dent sternum with the Phenix eye, then choke me out with your fallopian tubes.