West Virginia

DRandi

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 24, 2014
Going to be moving to Morgantown, WV for work in a few weeks. Started looking for gun stores and shooting ranges. Found Harry Jones gun range that offered up to 1000yrd, any others worth looking into?

Don’t have a house yet so I can’t give a local area yet other than where work is, but I will absolutely not be living in the city, or PA, VA, or MD.

No sales tax here in WV on firearms and ammunition. Our state government is improving, as is our business climate. Folks are starting to move here.

An important distinction, it's the

Monongahela River​

And

Monongalia County​

Been a while since I was in school at WVU '89, but should be plenty of gun stores. Ranges a little less common. If you like outdoors activities, you will like M-Town.

Im about 3 hours away, is White Sulphur Springs

Bill,

GO EERS

What's wrong with PA?
Higher taxes and politics. PA ever come up with an answer yet on how they had only 723k registered mail in ballots, but received and counted 1.27 million yet? I watched that live and when the question was asked by Rudy Giuliani in front of the Republican committee, state supervisor of elections site had the plug pulled on live tv.

No sales tax here in WV on firearms and ammunition. Our state government is improving, as is our business climate. Folks are starting to move here.

An important distinction, it's the

Monongahela River​

And

Monongalia County​

Been a while since I was in school at WVU '89, but should be plenty of gun stores. Ranges a little less common. If you like outdoors activities, you will like M-Town.

Im about 3 hours away, is White Sulphur Springs

Bill,

GO EERS
Yes me and the family like the outdoors. Looking at trying to get some acreage to build a hobby farm on. Was starting a backyard market garden here in central FL till the hoard migration in 2020 caused a zero lease line housing subdivision explosion!!! If you can even find land its going $40k plus an acre. Kinda hard for a lowly auto mechanic to afford that.

We were looking at a few houses around Salem and Clarksburg area. Trying to keep the work commute under hour.

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
If you are moving to the Clarksburg/Salem area check out the Whitehorse Range.

No offense to the OP, but too many people are moving to WV. Used to be we were rated last in everything but you could safely raise a family, get a good education, make a modest living, and not worry abut your life being interfered with as long as you didn't bother anyone else.

Not so much any more. Meth and Oxy epidemic and liberal carpetbaggers moving here to help the underprivileged citizens of the state. The eastern panhandle has become a suburb of DC. It's not the same place as when I was a kid.

OP, you like to shoot and farm so those are attributes in your favor, we can probably be friends.