• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

What 5 round 22LR action to build a full size rifl

BMG50CAL

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2006
NJ
What action or rifle to buy. That has a 5 round mag. Can get a manners stock for it. plus other parts to make a full size trainer rifle. And you can really buy it cause i cant find any sako quads.

Re: What 5 round 22LR action to build a full size rifl

Gunbroker has Sako Quads. I love mine!

PC130021.jpg

Gun broker only has full sets with 4 barrels and one action that id buy but the guy wont sell it to nj or ny was i live

The new CZ is soon to be released and will apparently have user removable barrels. Looks like they felt they were losing sales to Sako and Ruger. Now a CZ with a Lilja barrel, hmmmm

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frog5215</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The new CZ is soon to be released and will apparently have user removable barrels. Looks like they felt they were losing sales to Sako and Ruger. Now a CZ with a Lilja barrel, hmmmm </div></div>
I don't want to veer-off topic - but sales aside, switching to a user replaceable barrel attachment system doesn't <span style="font-style: italic">help</span> accuracy. Hopefully it won't be the clusterfuck that the Ruger V-Block is.

I went the opposite direction and eliminated the V-Block, using a threaded barrel connection on my customized MOA receiver 10/22, which shoots sub-MOA on calm days. Compared to what I've seen posted my MOA 10/22 holds it own against the APA Quad guns.

I'd love to have a 40X .22LR Repeater/Sporter and have Mike Rescigno build me an "X-Ray .22", but 40X .22LR Sporters are too valuable as collector's guns. Hopefully, Stiller or someone else will introduce a 40X .22LR Repeater clone before half of us are in the ground.

Keith

I have a remington 504T and it is amazingly accurate. The clips SUCK!! and are kinda hard to find. But mine is supper accurate with cci segmented HP subs. Makes a great truck gun.

If you can wait about a month,Savage is releasing a couple of rimfires that pretty much are gonna be box stock training rifles.Mag fed, fluted barrels,scope rails,accutrigger,tactical stock ( I think HS) around $400-ish.

questionable marketing choices dont make it any less of a quality stock. im looking forward to the tr without the extra rails.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirtRacer151</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gunbroker has Sako Quads. I love mine!

PC130021.jpg
</div></div>

love that rifle dirtracer

There are still a lot of Sako Finnfire's for showing up for sale on various sites if .22 LR is the main objective. And we can fit them into most of the Remington design tactical stocks, including the M40A1's. The Quads only fit well into the A5's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RFrye</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Love my Quad in the M40A1!

Quad-hr%20003.jpg
</div></div>

Very nice... ive been considering another Quad with an M40 to go along with the A5. Im in love with Sako Quads.