• #0001 Limited edition launch patch (only 200 available)

Grab a limited edition patch and use code AMERICA24 for 20% off all merch

Grab your patch

What Adjustable Gas Block fits under a Daniel Defense Slim Rail (DDM4V11)?

SMTGWKD

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2017
Looking for anyone who has installed any adjustable gas block under a Daniel Defense Slim rail.

Which ones fit!

I installed an SLR Sentry 7 clamp on and it hits the screws on the clamp. Now I'm wondering if either the superlative arms, SLR, Seekins set screw versions will fit from personal experience?

Thanks for your help!

Look st the adjustable block from ergo. It fits in my Midwest Industries and it's around 1.3" ID. It's about the lowest profile I have found.

Thanks so much for the input! I hadn't heard anything back so I ordered a superlative arms based on the online description. The problem measurement is actually the area around the gas port/tube. The screw on the SLR makes it too wide, the hump on the Odin Works does the same. For the same reason I think the Ergo set screw will be in the way as well.

I'll report back on if/how the superlative arms fits.

https://www.brownells.com/gun-parts...stem-parts/icarus-click-adjustable-gas-block/

IMG_20221013_183549068~2.jpg

20230419_062715 (1).jpg

Same one as above I think.

The Aero one is pretty low profile too. My brothers ar wouldn't run with the Aero adjustable block. He ordered a nonadjustable block and it ran fine after that.

I'm betting the Aero Precision adjustable gas block would fit. It's no bigger than a regular micro gas block. I have one with a Geissele handguard. Works just like an SLR block but costs less.

Reactions: msgriff
This will work. Cheap but holds up OK. Unless you want to set it & forget it, put a drop of high temp never seize on the adjustment screw thread & move it in & out occasionally. Fits under a Geiselle MK14 which is about as slim as it gets.
MM

I've got a small fleet of those. I was skeptical based on the price, but they're all I ask for in an AGB regardless of cost.

I installed an SLR Sentry 7 clamp on and it hits the screws on the clamp. Now I'm wondering if either the superlative arms, SLR, Seekins set screw versions will fit from personal experience?

Thanks for your help!
Should have also said in my previous post that the SLR set screw version will work.

Their clamp on version's screw heads do stick out a bit. The set screw version is noticeably sleeker.

MM

The problem with most of the adjustable gas blocks is the side projection(s) on the blocks. The SLIM rail has "scalloping" inside the handguard at 1-4-7-11-O'Clock. I just pulled the trigger on one of Daniel Defense's 15" MFR MLok rails. It looks to be the same, if not very similar to BigJake83's post. In the picture, there is no intrusion into the barrel channel inside the handguard. And I purchased 3-4 different blocks to see which fits best. It's for a JP Enterprises upper in 6 ARC mated to a DDm4V7 lower. I initially wanted to use the spare DD Slim rail I had, but now don't GAS. I just want the gun to shoot suppressed & unsuppressed. Everything arrives today.

Just curious why you would prefer that particular rail over an SLR Ion Lite or a Geiselle MK-14, for example, as they are both very slim, & have no real problems with most popular AGB's, & both have very good attachment systems.

MM