• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes What are you guys using to lap 34mm rings?

glock24

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 14, 2006
    West Michigan
    It is a Stiller base and Seekins rings, so I hope I won't need to lap, however I need a plan B if that isn't the case.

Anyone make a 34mm lapping bar for less than $125 (Kokopelli Products)?

When I had a set of 35mm rings, I bought some 35mm precision round stock through McMaster-Carr and used Vice-Grips for a handle. Unfortunately they don't seem to sell the larger OD metric stock anymore.

Re: What are you guys using to lap 34mm rings?

i used a USO Canadian for an alignment bar and never looked back.
    grin.gif

Picture034.jpg

If you decide you really need one let me know. I have one you can use. All you have to do it pick up shipping both ways. I made mine out of the bar stock you were talking about. I also use the Seekins rings on my AI AE with the factory base. Mine needed to be lapped (IMHO) before mounting the USO. Never had a problem and would do it again.

That said, there are a lot smarter guys on here than me.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #3366FF">Sniper1</span></span> and <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #3366FF">pgs</span></span>, thank you for the offers.
    My scope arrives near the end of March, so may be sending one of you a PM.