What caliber is the 6 dasher equivalent at a mile?

jaybigboy34

Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter
Aug 23, 2017
What caliber has accuracy, very low extreme spread, easy to load for to shoot a mile? The dasher is easy for 1000 yards but is there a caliber like this for a mile?

300 or 338 Norma Magnums. I can appreciate the extra case capacity of the "improved" versions but I run the standard shouldered calibers because dies are readily available, no need to fire-form brass and very easy to load for. I would think the 300 PRC would be another viable candidate as well.

As I sit here shooting my new 338 Norma barrel comparing the two?. LOL
IMG_20200223_115255831_HDR.jpg

I think the equivalent is a 300 Saum AI.

Some topgun BR guys are currently experimenting with it at 1000Y.

There's lot's of cartridges that will have significantly more velocity and less wind drift but these guys are looking for very low ES and a big cartridge capable of beating a Dasher's or BRA's precision at 1000Y which would be great to a mile because of the higher BC of a heavy 30 cal bullet.

But I shot my 30-375R(much like a 300PRC) and my 375CT at ELR distances and most of the time I couldn't guess the wind good enough to make more reliable hits with the 30 cal, because a 375CT .9BC projectile going 3200 fps blows so much less, even though the 30 cal was more accurate.

Last edited: