what is the lightest bipod?

The Spartan 300 bipod by Javelin weighs 5.60oz and is probably the lightest. But it also lacks the ability to pan, and legs must be manually deployed (no push button) and are difficult to lock. Also it folds up and mounts leg over leg unlike most other bipods.

The Tier-One Tactical Bipod with Carbon Fiber legs (180mm) weighs 8.63oz not including the adapter. The total weight on my Tier-One bipod with my M-Lok adapter is 9.69oz. The next closet bipod would be the Atlas B10 V8 bipod at 11.26oz (2-screw clamp version, not Quick Detach lever).

Reactions: BruntBronze
My 7SAUM rifle scoped with ZCO 4-20 weighs right at 8 pounds. I went with the Javelin to keep weight down. I don’t feel as stable shooting from a backpack. We’ll see if it is a mistake!

how short is your barrel and is your action TI? that seems extremely light for a rifle with a scope that weighs in at 35oz plus 36mm rings (about 6oz) and base (3oz) that's just about 2.8 lbs without mag, caps, sling dope card .. just at 5 lbs bare is extremely light. Not saying it can't be done, just smoking light especially if it has a normal length barrel

I just gave a Javelin away to @Jabot

Last edited:
Might checkout Hatch Out West. Heavier but lot of adjustments.

Super cool, but shooting sticks and tall bipods, by the time you're kneeling, due to vegetation or worse standing, just are very difficult to shoot.

Since most of us carry a tripod for glassing already for Western hunts, losing the bipod and the smaller glassing tripod and replacing it with something like an RRS 33/anvil at 4.5lbs ends up actually lighter and certainly way more capable, especially if faced with long-range shots. It just a game-changer for long-range and Western hunting.

I wrote a tips and tricks segment for our recent Feild UKD match. Many of the tips had their routes in LR hunting (some show a match gun) and it is probably worth a peek if one is interested in LR hunting or just utilizing a tripod effectively in the field. Here is the link: (1) Field Match: Tips, Tricks and Stage Examples for - UKD Team Field Match | Sniper's Hide Forum

Last edited:
how short is your barrel and is your action TI? that seems extremely light for a rifle with a scope that weighs in at 35oz plus 36mm rings (about 6oz) and base (3oz) that's just about 2.8 lbs without mag, caps, sling dope card .. just at 5 lbs bare is extremely light. Not saying it can't be done, just smoking light especially if it has a normal length barrel

I just gave a Javelin away to @Jabot
from the literature mine will be at 6 lbs minus accessories. yes ti action. The weight drivers are in the barrel (3lbs) and scope (3.5lbs to 1.25 lbs).

The Spartan 300 bipod by Javelin weighs 5.60oz and is probably the lightest. But it also lacks the ability to pan, and legs must be manually deployed (no push button) and are difficult to lock. Also it folds up and mounts leg over leg unlike most other bipods.

The Tier-One Tactical Bipod with Carbon Fiber legs (180mm) weighs 8.63oz not including the adapter. The total weight on my Tier-One bipod with my M-Lok adapter is 9.69oz. The next closet bipod would be the Atlas B10 V8 bipod at 11.26oz (2-screw clamp version, not Quick Detach lever).
just looked at the youtube video. it does pan and tilt now. And theres a tripod option that looks delicious. its also $460 ea.

Spartan Precision Equipment (who makes the Javelin) has the best option I have seen for a light weight rifle. I installed their gunsmith adapter in my Kimber Montana stock to shoot off of my glassing tripod. I like it so far, but have not had the set up long enough to find any warts.