• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

What middle of the road GPS unit to get?

Re: What middle of the road GPS unit to get?

I've been using a Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx for years. It's a tank and very accurate. I think it's discontinued though so whatever replace it.

L

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Layton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been using a Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx for years. It's a tank and very accurate. I think it's discontinued though so whatever replace it.</div></div>

^^^ This ^^^

60 Series replaced by 62 Series but last I checked you could still find 60 Series and at discounted prices in comparison to newer models.

If you want the newer model New Egg has the 62s for $375. You can download maps for free from GPSFileDepot.

I just looked at the GPSMap 62CSX (I think) its the replacement for the 60CSX I currently have. Get a used 60CSX, unless you want to spend the extra $$ for new. The 60CSX is better than most of the others, though it still has its downfalls. What do you want to do with it? If you just need coordinates to use with a paper map, then you can get some pretty good deals. If you want mapping on the device go with the GPSMap versions.