What muzzle brake are you guys liking for .375?

Bravo6niner

Private
Minuteman
Supporter
Oct 30, 2017
High Plains
Building a 37xc and trying to decide which muzzle brake would be effective but not hammer the shooter to much with blast. I’ve looked at the APA gen ii, cadex, and Tubbs so far. Any info would be much appreciated.

Hi,

I would suggest you talk with David in regards to his muzzle brake testing pertaining specifically to their affects on accuracy/stabilization instead of recoil reduction.

Once more people start testing how the brake design can affect stabilization in the ELR realm; IMO we are going to see more people go back to the old clam style brakes instead of the side slotted fish gill brakes...

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

I would suggest you talk with David in regards to his muzzle brake testing pertaining specifically to their affects on accuracy/stabilization instead of recoil reduction.

Once more people start testing how the brake design can affect stabilization in the ELR realm; IMO we are going to see more people go back to the old clam style brakes instead of the side slotted fish gill brakes...

Sincerely,
Theis
I believe that’s the direction I’m headed

Hi,

Sincerely,
Theis
if your looking for reduction in recoil canceled blast and reduced muzzle jump with tune accuracy look no further its
20200329_130852.jpg
20200328_230748.jpg
in production the first and only one piece tuner brake designed for elr

Reactions: Geno C.
Could use some hash marks like a micrometer.
Production modle does this was just a prototype. I also opted for larger ports and less to keep the unit shorter shorter brakes are prover to be more accurate . And opted to use a progressive restriction pass threw keeping area in front of crown larger to eliminate carbon buildup of crown . Let me know if your intrested in one .

Last edited:
I’m interested. Just curious if it will reduce recoil as much or better than the one I have. Be nice to see a sled test like the beast brakes do.
There is a general miss perception that the amount of ports has something to do with reduces recoil. 80% of the rediction of recoil happens in the first 2 ports unless the primary ports are restrictive any thing past the first 3 ports are waste of space. The added benefit of being able to tune in accuracy at high node low s.d vrs having to down load to a lower velocity node is the added benifit of a tuner overlooked by the elr community . Low sd's does not always equate best accuracy only vertical. I am sure I am not telling you something you dont alread know but perhaps have not thought about.

There is a general miss perception that the amount of ports has something to do with reduces recoil. 80% of the rediction of recoil happens in the first 2 ports unless the primary ports are restrictive any thing past the first 3 ports are waste of space. The added benefit of being able to tune in accuracy at high node low s.d vrs having to down load to a lower velocity node is the added benifit of a tuner overlooked by the elr community . Low sd's does not always equate best accuracy only vertical. I am sure I am not telling you something you dont alread know but perhaps have not thought about.
I am aware thanks. I’ve asked about having a tuner made for my 375 since it’s not being suppressed for now, and have yet to have a taker. Should have just made one myself. Don’t take this as me assuming yours doesn’t work well, but most everyone says theirs is great and some are better than others. That’s why I like the sled testing. It’s a direct comparison; whether accurate to the shoulder or not, I’m not sure.