• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

What to do with new brass. (unfired)

Re: What to do with new brass. (unfired)

I would have to agree with bohem because the water capacity of chamber matched brass should provide the most useful sorting. Although, I have yet to start sorting my own brass because I think I still need to better learn how to develop loads before I will see the benefits of sorting.

A question to all posters that I hope will be useful to the OP.

How much group improvement are most seeing by sorting their brass anyway?

-Frank

Buy 5,000 more pieces to go with it so none of them get lonely. Bury them in the neighbors' back yard, 3-houses down so they can be properly aged. Email me the GPS coordinates and how deep they are so they won't get lost.

I found a percentage of my Lapua brass had dinged necks right out of the box. Since I needed to straighten those, I run the whole box through an expander mandrel. Also has the side benefit of more consistent neck tension. Then chamfer, load and shoot. Works for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rmercado</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I found a percentage of my Lapua brass had dinged necks right out of the box. Since I needed to straighten those, I run the whole box through an expander mandrel. Also has the side benefit of more consistent neck tension. Then chamfer, load and shoot. Works for me. </div></div>

Good answer.