• Site Updates Coming Monday

We’re planning to start making changes bright and early on Monday so you might see the site down fir a bit, but no worries, we’ll make our changes and be back as soon as we can!

VIEW THREAD
  • Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's the break in on a Benelli M4

JelloStorm

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2010
Northeast Pennsylvania
Guys with Benelli M4s,

Anyone have luck shooting Fiocchi "defense" 00 buck? It's a low-er (I guess?) brass round but it wouldn't cycle through the Benelli on it's first outing. I'm not surprised since the gun was showroom new until this morning. So my question is, once properly broken in, can a Benelli M4 cycle lower power loads like that?? Most of the time it wouldn't eject the spent shells, but I only have 20 high power 00 buck through it so far.

Will the M4 gas system cycle even target loads once broken in? I wish I would have brought more high brass shells with me today because damn is that thing fun to shoot!

Dunno., but you wouldn't be the first person I've seen say they didn't function in their gun. (and not just M4's)

I hunt and shoot trap/sporting clays with mine using standard low brass 8s with no problems. Cases of cheap 1 1/8oz low brass.

I bought it used so can’t help with the break in bit.

I haven’t used the Fiocchi load, but I use the Federal LE13200 9 pellet 00 buck almost exclusively.
It’s 1150 fps, so equivalent to the Fiocchi.
Mine has run 100% from round 1 with no break in.

I have a SBE2 and I absolutely love it. If you can swing it- I'd recommend buying something like 2-3 boxes of 20 game loads (high brass) that your local range permits you to shoot. It'll likely be something like a $100 investment if you'd choose to do so, but I'd be willing to bet that shotgun will cycle target loads until the cows come home if you do so. They really are fantastic shotguns.

-LD

I couldn't find a shell light, cheap or shitty enough that my M4 wouldn't cycle it.
Mine ran from day one on Walmart value packs.

Heh,
Here's an old vid of me at a 3-Gun shoot with my m4 (field stock,fuck a PG)
Fun day.

The one that didn't fall was set too tight. You can see shot splatter against it.

Last few shots were slugs @150yds on steel. You can't ses the hits, but they're audible