• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

What's the deal with shipping to an APO AE

Sgt A

Private
Minuteman
May 9, 2010
Hello can anyone direct me to a site that can ship a sling, VCAS or Vicking tactics to an APO AE address in Iraq. Getting a sling out here is starting to become mission impossible it seems that everyone isn't allowed to mail anything here because they deal in weapons/tactical equipment. I'd like to get it straight from the store and sent here without using a middle man(mom). Thanks

Re: What's the deal with shipping to an APO AE

Sgt A,

He may already be responding to you but just in case he hasn't seen this, get a hold of <span style="font-size: 17pt">Switchblade</span> on your issue. He's shipped metric assloads of gear and care packages over seas and knows the in's and out's. If he can't help you, he'll know who can!

Good luck and thanks for your service.

Thanks Switchblade, I took your advice and I was able to order the Vickers sling directly. I also am going to order the TIS sling and I went directly to their site and found a link for a place that ships to APO AE but I'll go with your guys, thanks again for the help.

Doorkicker, this an example of what I'e been running into. This is from a place called Bravo Company USA

We can only ship to the United States and US Territories.
Bravo Company USA, Inc can not ship outside the United States.
Because of US laws, we can not ship ship to a APO.
Because of US laws, we can not ship ship to a APO.
US Military stationed outside the United States, please have your order shipped to your home within the US.

The worst part is that part of their website says they can ship to an APO but that is the message I get at checkout. There's also a few other places like CGW and a bunch of places that only use UPS/Fedex ground. I think it has something to do with ITAR.

Company's are full of shit if they claim they cannot ship to an APO. The bottom line is they are just too lazy to do the proper paperwork to go with it. SHoot, one itty bitty form and yes filling out that form, especially at CHristmas was a serious pain in the ass when we sent all those CHristmas Hide Boxes out...bulk shipment was the easy part, filling out the customs form for 20-30 boxes and different addresses, well, let me say this, if I was in business to send stuff that would be what I would do. Fuckers just don't want to work to help out a JOE. I say we all Boycott their asses and fix them good. My guess is they will start sending to APO right quick