Where are all the CZ 457 MTR's ???

paraman1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2003
Boise , Idaho
Just curious what is going on with CZ and why the CZ 457 MTR variants are made of Unobtanium? Outside of GunBroker or the occasional rifle on a classifieds somewhere priced for more than retail these things are exceedingly tough to find. I am the type that really likes to see something in person before handing over my hard earned money for it but that seems like a non-starter if you are looking for any CZ 457 in an MTR variety. Supply chain issues or what ???

Reactions: PhantomWorks
Supply and demand. It's 'the coolest' 22 rifle at the moment and CZ isn't keeping up building them, which probably is good that they don't rush it and compromise the quality and reputation they built up.
I'm definitely with you on handling and checking out things in person, especially when it's not an exactly cheap item... Have checked a few non MTR CZ's out and their wood stocks are really nice, so the MTR won't be different there I'm sure!

I got one on a whim when area 419 had their package in stock. It’ll shoot as good as my Vudoo. I think I got pretty luck with the lottery on it. I’ve had a handful and they’ve all shot “ok” to “well” but this ones above the rest. Might also check out MidwayUSA. I got my MTR Manner’s through them.

• Wow
As someone said above, they come in waves. CZ really gives the US all or nothing when it comes to getting their high demand rifles in stock. I remember earlier this year it was about a 2-3 month drought before the market was flooded with them for about a month before it was gone again.

You have to remember with the growing interest and rimfire and economic sensitivity to expense centerfire, the MTR is considered one of the most desirable rimfire rifles out of the box due to accuracy, reliability, and aftermarket support.