• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Which binos for $500?

Re: Which binos for $500?

My jaw dropped open when I took a peak through the new Nikon Monarch 7 series. Do yourself a big favor, and take a look. I know Cabela's carries them.

I don't know what they changed with this design, but it is obvious Nikon is attempting to regain some market share. The other pleasant surprise is Nikon's new warranty on binoculars. Still not quite as good a Vortex, but damn close.

http://www.nikonhunting.com/page/warranties

Meopta Meopro Binoculars are another good option in that price range as well. Currently, we are giving a free Meopix iphone adapter with purchase of any Meopta binocular.

Also running a photo contest in conjunction with the MeoPix giveaway where we are giving $1000 off of a purchase for the winner, $500 for the second place winner, and $200 for third.

i`ve got a 30year old pair of wind river by leupold.8x32...300$ back then.... i`ve compared them to swaros out on the prairie......very close in quality....$1400.00-vs-$300..??

one thing to keep in mind there is almost no diffrence between 1000 dollar scopes and binos and 100 dollar scopes and binos in side a store.

go outside at longer range in low light and the diffrence is night and day

For the money, I think you should strongly consider the Vortex Viper. I compared the Talon and the Viper both were the new HD models and I was very impressed with both but the Viper's felt better in my hands.

I've taken a look at the line of IOR/Valdada binos and they're very nice and reasonably affordable as well. I have a set of the Valdada 10x32 Hunters and am very pleased with them.

I know from reading many posts on opticstalk that folks like the Zen Rays quite a bit. I went with the Vipers because of that damn wonderful Vortex warranty and because I liked the crispness of the glass.

They even have $30 off over $300 right now... I really didn't need those but I ordered anyway.
shocked.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hk401</div><div class="ubbcode-body">here check this one out, i had one....and for under $500. It is the best glass. Leupold Tactical Binos
http://www.opticsplanet.com/leupold-10x50mm-tactical-binoculars.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAcuFT5CpoY </div></div>

I have been very happy with my Bushnell Elite E2 with ED glass.. Their multi-coatings (i think there are ~60) provide excellent light transmission (99.7%), which is great for low light conditions. They performed well for me when I hunted in Arizona and would glass in the very early mornings. Also, Bushnell's warranty is top notch.

Don't have the disposable income at the moment, but was looking at some $500 binocs last month. I liked the Steiner predator extreme 10X42 of the few I looked through (also looked at Nikon Monarch and some other brand the Bass Pro guy recommended). Liked the ergonomics and feel of the focus ring on the Steiners best. Didn't use them in the field, but supposedly the lenses are coated so that reds and browns "jump out" from the background. i.e. - it makes it easier to see game in the woods. I can't speak from experience as to this.