Which bipod rail for Bergara B14 HMR?

Rio2019

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2020
Taos, NM
Hi Folks, I need some help from the community. I am planning on mounting the new FAB Spiked Bipod to a Bergara B14 HMR, which requires a bipod rail for mounting. Can anyone suggest the right bipod rail for the Bergara? Many thanks!

FAB Defense site says “• 1913 Picatinny Rail compatible”. So I would suggest that you get a pic rail to fit the hole spacing for the swivel mounts on the stock. See below:

Reactions: Rio2019
Atlas is a block away from me and I just picked up my bipod then realized they sell an adapter. My question to you is (since I don’t have my rifle on hand and I’m impatient AF, is the flat back the one we need for the b14 stock or is there a radius on it so I can go get it today.
I got the BT17 4" rail for my HMR, fit perfect. Flat bottom matches the flat forend on the HMR stock. G2G

ETA: I used the rear sling stud with a crush washer (basically just a plastic gasket under the stud head, lets you time the sling stud while still keeping the rail attachment tight) and a #10-32 screw in the channel that threads into the front sling stud spot. The screw should be a 30 cent part from a local hardware store.

Reactions: Mini 762
Awesome man, I appreciate your quick response. I went and snagged it after I read this and they had mounting bolts too. I’ve got a QD sling and it has a QD spot as well as the two on the stock already. Took less than 5 min total to install and it fits perfectly.
image.jpg

Glad to hear it, it's a clean little piece of gear, and I'm glad the HMR stock has easy attachment points for it. I had to drill and tap another hole when I added a 10" ARCA rail, though, but that was easy too, just tapped the threads straight into the chassis core.

Are they worth switching to? I’ve had my eye on the 419 barricade and some other acra parts but haven’t looked into what rail I need or how I need to mount it. I’m a ex machinist/ current mechanic so drilling and tapping holes are just another day in my book. It looks like there would be no issues drilling it and tapping it especially if it’s a full metal core in there so you don’t have to worry about the bolt backing out of the plastic.

I picked up a 10" Henderson rail on @Diver160651's recommendation, because I hunt and wanted a single mounting system for glassing and shooting off a tripod. Talking to him, sounds like he's been through a bunch of different options and that's what he's finally landed on, along with a RRS tripod running an Anvil 30. I couldn't swing the RRS cost across the board, so I'm working with a Leofoto for now, but the Anvil 30 on top is amazing; additionally, I picked up a Pic-to-Arca adapter for my bipod (same as yours, looks like), so now I can run that too. It has the added benefit of rapidly adjusting bipod location as needed, plus I can run my Wiser mount for my Magnetospeed at the same time as the bipod for load development. I'm worried I'm gonna have to buy more Henderson rails...

Are they worth switching to? I’ve had my eye on the 419 barricade and some other acra parts but haven’t looked into what rail I need or how I need to mount it. I’m a ex machinist/ current mechanic so drilling and tapping holes are just another day in my book. It looks like there would be no issues drilling it and tapping it especially if it’s a full metal core in there so you don’t have to worry about the bolt backing out of the plastic.

With a match-only gun, the heaver 419 is great, but the Henderson works too. Just so you know even with the ultra light-filled cores of a hunting stock (no aluminum bedded into the forearm), T-nuts work exceptionally well and hold solid. If you go the Henderson route it is a 10/32 just like most domestic sling mounts. FWIW the Henderson is about 3oz depending on the length so it ends up being lighter than a small Arca plate and separate pic rail upfront, plus it's more stable shooting off a bag, and you get the attachment freedom previously mentioned.

My CZ 455 wood stock and B&C Howa stock both got the T-nut treatment, went ahead and filled in the holes with JB Weld but it’s not necessary to do so. Just makes me feel better. They’ve been solid, yep, and I crank on ‘em haha

Reactions: Diver160651
I got the BT17 4" rail for my HMR, fit perfect. Flat bottom matches the flat forend on the HMR stock. G2G

ETA: I used the rear sling stud with a crush washer (basically just a plastic gasket under the stud head, lets you time the sling stud while still keeping the rail attachment tight) and a #10-32 screw in the channel that threads into the front sling stud spot. The screw should be a 30 cent part from a local hardware store.
What length 10-32 and what size crush washer did you use? On a second note my swivel stud in the back does not seem to get more than a few threads into the stock to begin with. Any help would be appreciated.