• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Suppressors which pistol suppressor?

Re: which pistol suppressor?

Absolutely LOVE my .45 Osprey. I like the fact that #1, It's very quiet, #2 I can use my same sights, #3 I use it on my Colt 1911.45, Glock .45,.40,9mm, Colt9mm AR-15 (with spacer for booster) Never dreamed one can would do so much till I got it. Don't know enough about what to stay away from,but I tried to really do my home work, ask guys with cans, and not make a costly mistake. I know I made the right choice for my application. Hope this helps.

otherwise the only other I would consider would be the AAC Tirant.

main benefit there would be that it can be taken apart. Also the first round pop would be less on the tirant than the osprey. But after the first rd they'll be nearly identical.

But it's dedicated to .45 though. AAC doesn't make a 40 or 9mm piston. Also 45 osprey has more volume so it can hold more water longer ie. shoot wet longer.

But seem to be running for 699 at major malfunction.

Sorry, platform- either 1911 or Sig 220 Depends if I want to buy a sig or have someone build me a barrel for my TRP Operator

No budget,

Light Volume of fire, 1000- 1500 rnds a year

45 Osprey

Caliber Interchangeability, low profile, same sight picture, good balance, excellent customer service.

My P220 with 45 Osprey is outstanding. (and I love the attention it gets at the range too)

SilencerCo or bust

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MAJ MALFUNCTION</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Silencerco Osprey 45 and the AAC Ti-Rant 45 are both the best performing .45 cans available today.

<span style="color: #FF6600">The Osprey 40 is the best .40 cal can.</span>

Bryon </div></div>

I got one of these a while back from M3. I am very happy with it on my HK Tactical. It will blow some junk in your face but that is typical of all suppressed 40 cal pistols.

Its amazing how much the 40 can be suppressed with the proper can and ammo. Im using the winchester ranger, labeled as subsonic ammo. Its a great setup for plinking or silent rodent elimination
laugh.gif

I love my Osprey 45 and 9mm cans. They sound better than nearly every pistol can I've heard.

Standard sights don't exactly work with them. On my 1911 and glock, they're pretty close to being level with the top of the can and are only slightly obscured. This makes them usable, but not optimal.