• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

which primers for Lapua 6.5CM?

Darkside-Six

Trigger Puller.
Minuteman
  • Oct 8, 2013
    Michigan.
    wondering which small primers will everybody be using with these now? I have an AE MKIII with a standard 308 bolt and firing pin that has not been bushed. I see a lot of people use the CCI BR-4 and the CCI450 small rifle magnums with the 6.5x47L with great results. I'm trying to decide which ones would be better for me being I have a standard firing pin.

wondering which small primers will everybody be using with these now? I have an AE MKIII with a standard 308 bolt and firing pin that has not been bushed. I see a lot of people use the CCI BR-4 and the CCI450 small rifle magnums with the 6.5x47L with great results. I'm trying to decide which ones would be better for me being I have a standard firing pin.

Remington 7 1/2 will work well too.

photo46760.jpg Im using CCI-BR4s with varget in a 6.5x47 seems gtg

I have 450 also going to try out as well

my bolt from surgeon has the small firing pin
    When built

Last edited:
    Who can afford BR4's?
    Just a waste of coin.

I felt the same way but then I tried them out and cut my SD/ES in half. Maybe I just got lucky and that combination worked but I was unable to find 205/205M/205MAR in stock and I had tried the Remington 7 1/2 and Winchester SR with no luck. They are rather expensive but I always try to buy them during sales.