• Frank's Lesson's Contest

We want to see your skills! Post a video between now and November 1st showing what you've learned from Frank's lessons and 3 people will be selected to win a free shirt. Good luck everyone!

Create a channel Learn more
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Which suppressor cover for Deadair sandman s? Or none?

I have no experience with a Sandman cover however I use Elite Iron on my Knights suppressors and have been very pleased. They are nice people there and they make a good product with a lot of color options.

IMG_1816.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Klay23
What platform is it being used on?

A suppressor wrap does 2 things well: mitigates mirage, and protects things (like your hands/body) from the suppressor heat.

If mirage is a consideration (doesn't take many shots through a suppressor for mirage to occur), than a suppressor wrap is very useful. Necessary for precision rifle work if you shoot more than a few shots.

It's also handy to protect against the heat a suppressor generates. If you are going to be putting the suppressor close to your body after shooting or between strings, a suppressor wrap is really helpful.

I use suppressor wraps on my precision rifle for any strings of fire that exceed 3 shots, otherwise the mirage can get unbearable. I don't shoot much AR-15's, but when I do, I generally forgo the suppressor wrap. But I don't sling my AR-15 on my body after shooting, otherwise I would be using something like an RO HAD.

So, it really comes down to what platform and how you are using it, and if you need to mitigate mirage and protect yourself or others/objects from the heat a suppressor generates.

If you do decide you need a suppressor wrap, these are my recommendations:

1. Bolt gun/slower firing schedule: Precision Underground

2. Semi/faster firing schedule: Rifles Only HAD

Seems like for my use, ar stuff, the HAD is the way to go. Appreciate the info

I have a HAD for the wife's suppressor, it's a nice suppressor wrap. However it is fairly bulky and heavy in order to sustain a heavier firing schedule.

Another option to look at is Burn Proof Gear. I have no experience with it. Looks high quality, built to sustain high levels of fire, though one of the more expensive options.