• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Which Tactical Vest or Setup for a Run & Gun Shoot

auprospector

Private
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2007
Rocky Mountain West
I need some help in selecting a H-harness or tactical vest for a 'High Risk Operator' (HRO) class that I'm taking this summer.

We'll be carrying our gear (ammo, water, weapon, food/etc.) for 8 - 10 hours/per day, and getting into and out of supported firing positions after moving, supressive fire, etc.

I have a Blackhawk load bearing H-harness which does well for carrying heavy loads, however, b/c of the padded shoulder pads, these become problemic when firing my weapon as the butt wants to slide of to one side or another.

Any suggestion of another brand that would work well or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Re: Which Tactical Vest or Setup for a Run & Gun Shoot

Eagle tactical chest rigs and vests get my vote for a 3 gun rig. When I was researching and buying equipment last year for two-gun and three-gun competition nothing else came close for durability, comfort, and cost. Triad Tactical carries a lot of Eagle stuff and is a sponsor here, too. Check out SKD for anything Triad doesn't have.