• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site Updates Coming Soon - We're Updating The Homepage!

We've got some exciting changes coming, check the thread below for more info!

VIEW THREAD

Who has built of Aero Precision upper and lower for AR-10?

Djstorm100

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2010
There's one for sale for pretty cheap near me. Yes, Maten is the cream of the crop but seriously thinking abut this in either .308 or 6.5 creedmoor. Not a bunch of information out there on those that have built using Aero's upper and lower, that I could find anyway.

If you have state your caliber, barre, and accuracy please.

Tons of info here in the Semi Auto Section.....

Here's a budget 308 semi auto build thread I did for the hide using Aero M5 receiver set.

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/forum/...a-build-thread

I also did a 6.5cm to test the Aero M5 receiver set which was lost in the move from Scout back to the Hide. Tack driver. Here's some groups I shot with it with a custom Bartlein 22" 6.5cm barrel.

Build List

22" Keystone Accuracy Bartlein 6.5cm Fluted 5/8-24 muzzle - Rifle Gas (you will want to go +2 gas now)
Aero M5 Upper/Lower
Odin Works Keymod handguard
SLR Sentry 9 AGB
JP LMOS Bolt Carrier
JP High Pressure Enhanced Bolt (headspaced to my custom barrel)
Geissele SD-E
BCM CH
Mapgul PRS
JP Rifle buffer spring and DPMS 308 Rifle Buffer (highly recommend JP SCS now for better brass life)

I built the above gun to test out the Aero M5 receiver set it. It was very nice for how cheap I paid for the set. I have since moved it all over to a MEGA I had waiting after testing the Aero set but accuracy was the same.

Heres some targets on how she shot

YGi7zpF.jpg

mTKh0MO.jpg

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/g6iTT8H.jpg"}[/IMG2]

I've had good luck with mine. I only have the one cherry picked group picture but It's a sub moa shooter. 20170909_180333_resized.jpg

Attachments

• 6.5 Creedmoor.jpg
    6.5 Creedmoor.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 407
M110 SASS clone using Aero upper and lower. When I built this, Aero was using ER Shaw barrels. They now use Ballistic Advantage, whom the own. 1 MOA out of this gun, under $1000 to build.

LHrLRafl.jpg

zra84dEl.jpg

zeGVpD5l.jpg

BuBoq1kl.jpg

w3VRA9nl.jpg

A buddy built a .308 and I think he used an Aero barrel (not 100% on barrel). I've shot it many times, it's sub MOA. No issues. I have a couple AR15 framed Aero receiver built rifles and they are GTG.

They're fine. Aero uppers for 308 are high profile so will match up with KAC SR25 type handguards if you want to do a clone. Their M5e1 is OK but I don't really like how it uses a ton of tiny little screws to hold the handguard on however it seems to work well enough.

I did a 6.5cm on an aero upper and lower with a 22" bartlein barrel and this is with 130gr Berger ar hybrid

Attachments

• photo80040.png
    photo80040.png
    262.9 KB · Views: 92
Brother has the 20" stainless 308 upper with an Aero lower. First upper he recieved was trash. 2-2 1/2" groups with everything including ladder testing. Sent it back to Aero. They claimed it was sub MOA, but replaced the upper. The whole process took about a month and a half, but they sent him out a new upper. Took it out yesterday and shot several 3/4" 5 shot groups with FGMM 168 grain.
Moral of story, customer service was okay. There's no way first barrel was sub MOA, so that was very questionable. Long turn around time. Fit and function were excellent on both uppers.
Definetly worth the gamble for the right price.

M5e1 upper and lower
M5e1 mlock handgaurd
Jp 18” light contour 308 barrel with rifle length gas system
Jp silent capture spring
Jp low mass bolt carrier
pws buffer tube
Giessle ssa e trigger
apa lil bastard brake
magpul furniture
slr sentry 7 adj gas block
trijicon 1-8x28 accupower
ad mount

have only fires one group and it put 4 shots touching and the 5th was still under 1 moa.

I couldnt be more happy on how it shoots.

Attachments

• photo72935.jpg
    photo72935.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 131
Last edited: