who makes a 223 bolt rifle with a 1 in 7 twist

Re: who makes a 223 bolt rifle with a 1 in 7 twist

Cooper also does 1:7 twist on their M21 phoenix.

I've actually asked them before in several emails what twist they could do. I think the fastest they can put on is a 1:6.5

you could buy a savage and stick the 1/7 barrel on yourself. Thats the easiest way I've figured out how to get it done.

Buy a custom action with the 700 footprint, whatever flavor of stock you like, and put a 1:7 on.

Otherwise, if you need to go the repeater route, you're limited to a ar15 upper with a 1:7 twist barrel (fairly common), for now.

Unfortunate this is a go big, or go home, moment

A 1 in 8 will stabilize 80 grainers nicely in a 20" tube. A longer barrel that affords higher MV will have even less problems.

Not sure why a 1 in 7 is so necessary......

i would every now and again like to feed it a 90 gr but mostly 80 sierra and 75 gr amax will be used dont get me wrong i have shot 77 gr mk out to 1k with a 1 in 8 but i wont ever be using 55gr so 1 in 7 is my goal

Call Savage Custom Shop the gal in charge can tell you but they should be able to thread on a 1/7 twist onto one of the tactical models for a slight charge. I have a friend locally here that wanted a custom 308 barrel length and they hooked him up. Or you can go totally custom.

+1 on savage. Call them, they will put a 1-7 on a repeater if you want. I have model 12 LRPV and it is a freaking tack driver.

I think I should of got there single shot though.

I am getting ready to order there 6mm BR in a single shot.

I ordered a 1-7 twist Pac nor Rem nut barrel and installed it on a friends Remington( it has a barrel nut just like a Savage). It was fairly reasonable, went on real easy and shoots great. I would definately do it again.