• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Who to rebarrel Gen 1 Vudoo?

Kadams1563

Giver of Bad Advice
Minuteman
  • Feb 13, 2017
    North Texas
    Looking to get my Gen 1 Vudoo re-barreled with a MTU,M24, competition, or straight 25” barrel.

Anyone in Texas that’s very well known?

If out of Texas who do yall recommend?

DPG is not taking orders and only wants to sell me an entire barreled action. No thanks.

Last edited:

these folks have a good reputation and are competitive shooters they are near Brenham, Tx

Reactions: Trung Si Ma
    I've been quite happy with Vudoo's rebarreling of my gen-1 Vudoo with a Bartlein MTU-contour blank cut to 22" and fit with an EC tuner.

I also have a Rim-X whose Shilen barrel was touched up by Jonathan at MCR (Modacam Custom Rifles) and made into the shooter it should be after the initial cut by another smith didn't perform as expected. I heartily recommend Jonathan.

My $0.02.

Vudoo is $550 I believe to re barrel & providing the barrel. Probably the quickest turn around if they have a barrel blank without a name on it.

@jelrod1 Johnathan owner of MCR is probably the best in the business. He has built MANY Championship & World Winning rifles. Probably more than any other smith in the business. If you are willing to wait for perfection and NO QUESTIONS Asked call MCR and have the best rifle built money can buy.

@DI Precision David is building a ton of great rifles and your local TX Shop. If you want it Quick & Local call David.

Rachel Precision does a BUNCH of Rim-X rifles. I am not sure if they do Vudoo or not. They don't build junk either. all are great rifles with a few championships and world placements under their belt.

Ok got in contact with S&S precision. They are only 1.5 hours away from me.

Now I’m thinking of going with a 22”-24” 1.2 straight or a MTU.
    Vudoo is $550 I believe to re barrel & providing the barrel. Probably the quickest turn around if they have a barrel blank without a name on it.

@jelrod1 Johnathan owner of MCR is probably the best in the business. He has built MANY Championship & World Winning rifles. Probably more than any other smith in the business. If you are willing to wait for perfection and NO QUESTIONS Asked call MCR and have the best rifle built money can buy.

@DI Precision David is building a ton of great rifles and your local TX Shop. If you want it Quick & Local call David.

Rachel Precision does a BUNCH of Rim-X rifles. I am not sure if they do Vudoo or not. They don't build junk either. all are great rifles with a few championships and world placements under their belt.
    Vudoo WAS 550. They told me 750 and I provide the barrel.

• Wow
    Reactions: PinesAndProjectiles
    Ok got in contact with S&S precision. They are only 1.5 hours away from me.

Now I’m thinking of going with a 22”-24” 1.2 straight or a MTU.

Vudoo WAS 550. They told me 750 and I provide the barrel.
    If you want to see some of their work come to Valley View, TX this weekend for the Punisher match. Not only will there be a lot of S&S guns there, the owner is shooting the match.

I will reach out to them again but it’s been a few months since I spoke to them.

They told me that barrel WORK starts at $750 so I guess I should have dig deeper into that.
    My rebarrel was $550, with Vudoo supplying the Bartlein MTU blank and machining. Another $170 for the EC tuner.

At $750, I'd be going to MCR, in no small part because I can drive to his shop in a reasonable time. Of course, if Jonathan's rates have gone up the value equation shifts as well...

Reactions: Defender32
    My rebarrel was $550, with Vudoo supplying the Bartlein MTU blank and machining. Another $170 for the EC tuner.

At $750, I'd be going to MCR, in no small part because I can drive to his shop in a reasonable time. Of course, if Jonathan's rates have gone up the value equation shifts as well...
    Yea just found the email. They said barrel work starts at $700 so I don’t know where the $550 went lmao.

Buddy just reached out to Vudoo to have them install a Bartlein barrel on his and was told they wouldn’t do it with him supplying the barrel right now. He didn’t ask for their reasoning.

I told him to call Lee Gardner. He’s on East central Illinois and does great rimfire work

Good morning,

Price varies on the barrel, but generally its $700 for a rebarrel from us. We would use in house barrel, as we do not accept customer supplied barrels. The 1.20" barrel would be an extra $50, and we only thread that to 5/8x24, as to not take off too much material. You would have to use an adapter to us a standard 22lr suppressor.

Vudoo Gun Works
    Customer Service
    Office | 435.359.2890

Good morning,

Price varies on the barrel, but generally its $700 for a rebarrel from us. We would use in house barrel, as we do not accept customer supplied barrels. The 1.20" barrel would be an extra $50, and we only thread that to 5/8x24, as to not take off too much material. You would have to use an adapter to us a standard 22lr suppressor.

Vudoo Gun Works
    Customer Service
    Office | 435.359.2890

$700 including barrel makes sense.