• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Why do I keep getting Blocked? I

Old Soldier

Private
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2014
North Pole Alaska
The last several times I've tried to get on this forum I get a page that says the security ap has blocked me for being suspicious. I have to E mail Lowlight and ask WTF and in a day or two, I can get back on. What is going on? It happens when I get an e-mail saying a post I've been following has a new post. I click on the e-mail and get blocked. It also happens when I come straight to the site, I get the U B Blocked page. Honest, I've been a good boy. No naughty pictures or posts.

The last several times I've tried to get on this forum I get a page that says the security ap has blocked me for being suspicious. I have to E mail Lowlight and ask WTF and in a day or two, I can get back on. What is going on? It happens when I get an e-mail saying a post I've been following has a new post. I click on the e-mail and get blocked. It also happens when I come straight to the site, I get the U B Blocked page. Honest, I've been a good boy. No naughty pictures or posts.
Are you using a VPN or Tor?

What OS are you running and what type of device? What browser?

Depending on the device and OS, I'd run the trusted free utility CCleaner from Piriform, restart the device, then update everything including browsers. There are versions of CCleaner for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS.

Last edited:
I thank you guys for trying to help. You have a Boomer here and I don't know half of what you'r talking about. I am not using a VPN, I don't know what a Tor is and I'm afraid to ask Mils Dots what he thinks I'm rubbing. I have an Apple lap top and it uses Safari. I got on just fine tonight, but some times I get a blocked page, for a suspicious something. I will check for updates, and run a cleaner, those I know how to do. Thanks for the help. Maybe I'm just not smart enough to use this site anymore. Now please excuse me, I'm off to my gun room to sharpen some flints so I can shoot tomorrow.

I thank you guys for trying to help. You have a Boomer here and I don't know half of what you'r talking about. I am not using a VPN, I don't know what a Tor is and I'm afraid to ask Mils Dots what he thinks I'm rubbing. I have an Apple lap top and it uses Safari. I got on just fine tonight, but some times I get a blocked page, for a suspicious something. I will check for updates, and run a cleaner, those I know how to do. Thanks for the help. Maybe I'm just not smart enough to use this site anymore. Now please excuse me, I'm off to my gun room to sharpen some flints so I can shoot tomorrow.
Make sure the OS and the browser are up to date. A short term solution is don't click the link in the email and just directly go to the site and click the little bell icon at the top to get to the thread or reply.

I hate to be the one that lets you in on the secret. But no one here really likes you and it's been a conserted effort to keep you out of the club.

Okay really. There's a thread that can get you some information or help

Thread 'Having trouble using the site?' https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/having-trouble-using-the-site.7226672/

Is SH blocking you or is your anti-virus blocking you from opening of the site? Do you understand the difference?

And I'm a boomer too....its really not an impediment to learning tech...I just mostly don't want to anymore!! 😜 :ROFLMAO: 👍

I'm not new here. I don't check in often, but when I do everything has changed. You guys change this site more than I change my socks. I can not click the report button at the top of the page, cuz I can't open the page. I did figure out not to click on the notice in my E-mail. SH's security is keeping me out. It is not on my end. Some how I trip their security system. Honest, I'm not from Langley, trust me. Do I smell like a Fed?

I'm not new here. I don't check in often, but when I do everything has changed. You guys change this site more than I change my socks. I can not click the report button at the top of the page, cuz I can't open the page. I did figure out not to click on the notice in my E-mail. SH's security is keeping me out. It is not on my end. Some how I trip their security system. Honest, I'm not from Langley, trust me. Do I smell like a Fed?

@alexj-12

Did you install and run CCleaner by Piriform, then do a Restart? Did you update everything- the Mac OS, etc? Did you try a different browser like Brave or Chrome?

How old is your Mac and what version of Mac OS are you running? Understand that at some point all operating systems and browsers become obsolete and cause random and odd issues accessing websites.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6.5SH