• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Why haven’t ammo prices dropped ?

No, there’s still the assholes that sit and wait at the local sporting goods shop every Thursday from 9-10am because they know the delivery is showing up and need to buy every god damn thing that comes in.
Hey I got nothing better to do and to boot I don't even have a gun ,thats how bored I am hanging around to buy ammo.

Reactions: vinniedelpino
I've seen most of the popular calibers come back, prices are still high but falling. If the trend keeps up, could see normal prices in a few months as inventory will be high.

Reactions: archangel485
Not just neck bearding demand. Raw materials prices have gone way up and containers from overseas are running upwards of 20k when they used to be 3 to 5k

Reactions: 91Eunozs
I've seen most of the popular calibers come back, prices are still high but falling. If the trend keeps up, could see normal prices in a few months as inventory will be high.
From your lips to the Great Pumpkin’s ear.

BTW, WHAT THE FUCK is with Berger bullets. Did they completely cease production? I have seen everything come and go but my freakin Berger Hunting bullets are like looking for purple unicorn turds. Meanwhile their prices keep going up. “Shoot Berger, shoot less” should be their tagline.

By contrast Hornady really seems to have risen to the challenge! The prices I have paid have been more than fair. “Rock out, with your Hornady out” could be theirs.......

Raw materials still way up there. Used to but an 8lb jug of powder a year and a half ago for 200-240 for stuff like varget. It’s impossible to find now or it’s going for $300 plus

Supply has picked up demand is still rocking. Raw materials have sky rocketed, the no inflation inflation isn't helping.

il_794xN.3245191606_m3qj.jpg

Reactions: somewhereinmt
From your lips to the Great Pumpkin’s ear.

BTW, WHAT THE FUCK is with Berger bullets. Did they completely cease production? I have seen everything come and go but my freakin Berger Hunting bullets are like looking for purple unicorn turds. Meanwhile their prices keep going up. “Shoot Berger, shoot less” should be their tagline.

By contrast Hornady really seems to have risen to the challenge! The prices I have paid have been more than fair. “Rock out, with your Hornady out” could be theirs.......
Heh, i live right next to berger. Cant even go in there if you are a supplier. Sucks

Reactions: Holliday
I scooped up some 223 Igman, not a lot; but 50c a round. However, 9mm is still insane. The funny thing is I don't even see it show up on ammoseek (though I don't have alert). The usual 9mm suspects don't seem to be producing at all. CCI, American Eagle (Federal), Fiocchi, etc.

Even Sig Sauer ammo isn't back and they mainly make self-defense ammo. Either it's being sold immediately or raw material shortages are not allowing them to be sold.

Prices are coming down; but not very slowly so still VERY high demand. I don't see that demand going down until perhaps there is massive political change in DC (but we know now that's not going to happen...queue in more demand).

I've seen 1000ct boxes of 115gr FMJ 9mm for $450 +/- lately. Still higher than late 2019, but a LOT damn cheaper than this time last year.

55gr FMJ 223/5.56 seems similarly priced.

22LR is more available than its been in 18+ months.

Reactions: BytorJr
Got a bet going with a buddy on 9mm not hitting. .35cpr by Sept. 30. A night of looser buying drinks. It's getting closer but I'm not uncomfortable yet.
Ammoseek has a number of places around that price (not including shipping, of course). But multiple brands and multiple outlets

I pretty much stick to Target Sports USA Prime.
Best I’ve seen on 9mm is 39¢ for Winchester brass case, and 35¢ for Winchester steel case.

I buy a little of it at those prices, but I’m hoping it’s going to drop a little more. I wouldn’t count on it though.