Suppressors Why not many LH thread suppressor mounts?

NiteQwill

Best to jump high, and far!
Minuteman
Supporter
Jun 26, 2012
Uncle Sam's Bottom
Kinda a random, missing-my-favorite-match-of-the-year (Impact Foundation PRC) thoughts...

Why don't more suppressor mount manufacturers make their mounts LH thread? This would entirely reduce the amount of stuck devices to suppressors.

I use the Area419 sidewinder system for nearly all my suppressors. But I'm also sitting on a pile of TBAC mounts. I would love to transition to an entire lightweight, Titanium mounting system (TBAC/SRS/etc) but I've dealt with stuck mounts before (Silencerco, Dead air, etc) and it sucks. Even companies sell tools separately to remove stuck mounts (SRS).

Wouldn't LH threading also help with self-tightening while shooting?

Just wondering...

(not an engineer)

Both have advantages and disadvantages. I use the Area419 Hellfire on my precision guns and Plan B on black guns and PCCs. I would have gone all Hellfire, but it doesn't cover many common black gun and PCC cases.

With LH, you're much less likely to need tools if the suppressor gets stuck while you're out in the field. However, if your adapter comes loose and you don't have tools, you may be screwed until you find some. With the RH, if the adapter comes loose you can just grab the can and tighten both back up.

Reactions: YotaEer and kthomas