• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site Updates Coming Soon - We're Updating The Homepage!

We've got some exciting changes coming, check the thread below for more info!

VIEW THREAD

Wilson Seating Die - Now Need Arbor Press

MMH

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2013
Just bout a Wilson bullet seating die not realizing that I would need a arbor press. Might just buy a Forster or Redding micrometer bullet seating die, but at this point just curious. Should I get a arbor press & try the Wilson die? The regular press is $150 or one with a force gauge for $288.

So, what are the pros/cons of a Wilson type of die?

Should I get a arbor press & try the Wilson die?
You have the die in your hands. Why not go ahead and grab an arbor press and give it a try for a while.

If you do much load development or travel and need to seat deeper on site, you will learn what many already know.
This type of tooling has it's place depending on what type of shooter you are.

If it comes to pass that it isn't for you, I wouldn't worry about it too much as good stuff will be easy to sell if necessary.

Reactions: simonp
I have a 21st Century hydro press and a Sinclair arbor press. Why seat this way? Sensitivity. You know right away which round will produce a flyer. You can detect accuracy robbing errors in your case prep.

I loaded a few thousand rounds with the just a deprimer and re-primer, Harrel's powder measure and my wilson neck and seating dies at the range without a press. it will work fine if you are not full length sizing, not fast, but accurate.