• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Wilson single stage press?

jonthomps

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Feb 9, 2009
    Kansas City
    Anyone have any info on this? Looks promising - like the German Prazipress but without all the EU shipping hassle.

Anyone have any info on this? Looks promising - like the German Prazipress but without all the EU shipping hassle.
    Looks very nice! But that's almost Area419 Zero money or a SAC Nexus plus a SAC Sizing die.

...having said that, I guess it makes a certain amount of sense, at least from Wilson's perspective. One, I'd imagine there are probably a lot of people who have presses that *can* take the bigger dies... but I bet 99.9% of the dies sold are still 7/8-14 tpi, and two, I don't think Wilson makes any bigger dies themselves.

They're local to me - couple miles from my house - and I know a guy who works there. Sounds like they have a demo unit in the front show room; I might have to get over there and finger it a bit 😜

Reactions: JSW2000
    So... swung by Wilson on the way home, after sitting thru 1st Aid / CPR training, after a 12 hr night shift. Ugh.

Seems like a nice little press; sounds like they've been working on it for a little while (year or so), waiting on machine time to be able to bring it to market since pretty much everything other than the screws holding the top plate down to the rods, and the linear bearing, are made in-house.

Primers go straight down the ram; there's a rubber plug at the bottom though I imagine a person could stick some plastic tubing up there to route primers to a container if they wanted. Uses standard shell holders, captured by a claw that tightens down with a provided wrench so they stay a) in place and b) indexed the direction you want, for left or right handed operation. The handle swaps from one side to the other as well.

As far as the size... I didn't take exact measurements, but it looks like has plenty of room for the majority of cartridges that most people would want to use it for, i.e. the usual .223 Rem, .308 Win, .30-06, .300WM, RUM, etc. sized cartridges. I'm guessing it'd probably handle something a little bigger, but how much I don't really know.

They hinted at some possible accessories/attachments such as a way to use it with their seater dies.

So... swung by Wilson on the way home, after sitting thru 1st Aid / CPR training, after a 12 hr night shift. Ugh.

Seems like a nice little press; sounds like they've been working on it for a little while (year or so), waiting on machine time to be able to bring it to market since pretty much everything other than the screws holding the top plate down to the rods, and the linear bearing, are made in-house.

Primers go straight down the ram; there's a rubber plug at the bottom though I imagine a person could stick some plastic tubing up there to route primers to a container if they wanted. Uses standard shell holders, captured by a claw that tightens down with a provided wrench so they stay a) in place and b) indexed the direction you want, for left or right handed operation. The handle swaps from one side to the other as well.

As far as the size... I didn't take exact measurements, but it looks like has plenty of room for the majority of cartridges that most people would want to use it for, i.e. the usual .223 Rem, .308 Win, .30-06, .300WM, RUM, etc. sized cartridges. I'm guessing it'd probably handle something a little bigger, but how much I don't really know.

They hinted at some possible accessories/attachments such as a way to use it with their seater dies.
    Good writeup. Looks like a copy of the Prazi but smaller and aluminum substituted for steel on most of the construction except for the pillars.