• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Witt Machine Integrally Suppressed AR

Cheyenne Bodie

Fuck
Banned !
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2018
Whore Island
I'm looking for an integrally suppressed AR-15 upper and these caught my eye. Have been out for a while but I never saw a dedicated thread about them. I haven't heard how accurate they are, or many accounts of ownership at all for that matter. Wondering if folks here know the skinny or could speculate. The AR-15s come in 556/223, 458, 300AAC, and 6.5G. AR-10s come in 308 and 6.5C. Titanium barrel sleeve with optional FDE cerakote, MLOK or hex handguards available. I'm mostly considering the 6.5G chambering personally, I think the La Rue SUURG is the only other IS AR-15 6.5G option and I'm considering that as well.
download (4).jpg

I’m not familiar with them. Their website is pretty thin on any kind of technical info.
I don’t understand the attraction of an integrally suppressed centerfire semiauto rifle.
It looks like that handguard would heat up really quickly.

I think that you would be far better served by a quality, properly gassed rifle and a muzzle can with a QD mount.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeadZeke
I’m not familiar with them. Their website is pretty thin on any kind of technical info.
I don’t understand the attraction of an internally suppressed centerfire semiauto rifle.
It looks like that handguard would heat up really quickly.

I think that you would be far better served by a quality, properly gassed rifle and a muzzle can with a QD mount.

Yea, I agree on all points actually I just want something different. The only real plus is that it saves me an SBR stamp.

You're also right about the information being thin, here's their YT channel and an (aggravatingly basic) video on the IS AR uppers.

Also:

Spikes compressor https://spikestactical.com/collections/complete-rifles/forged-st-compressor/
Daniel Defense ISR https://danieldefense.com/ddm4-isr.html

As all ready stated, using 5.56 or .308 can under handguard heats it up fast. Literally burning fingers hot within a few rounds, better hope your fingers dont have any room to squeeze past the openings in the handguard. After a couple of mags the handguard gets too hot to hold even with gloves. Don't know how much 6.5G or .300 BLK heat up as I don't have experience with those calibers. Had a 13" hanguard over a 10.5" barrel 5.56. Never got it reliable enough to trust it, wound up going to a 12.5" barrel and am much happier with both reliability and heat management.

Pretty much gave up on the concept and moved to either shorter handguards or longer barrels as getting the suppressor mounted was also tricky depending which mount was used and I had problems with direct thread loosening with longer strings of fire.

Also:

Spikes compressor https://spikestactical.com/collections/complete-rifles/forged-st-compressor/
Daniel Defense ISR https://danieldefense.com/ddm4-isr.html

As all ready stated, using 5.56 or .308 can under handguard heats it up fast. Literally burning fingers hot within a few rounds, better hope your fingers dont have any room to squeeze past the openings in the handguard. After a couple of mags the handguard gets too hot to hold even with gloves. Don't know how much 6.5G or .300 BLK heat up as I don't have experience with those calibers. Had a 13" hanguard over a 10.5" barrel 5.56. Never got it reliable enough to trust it, wound up going to a 12.5" barrel and am much happier with both reliability and heat management.

Pretty much gave up on the concept and moved to either shorter handguards or longer barrels as getting the suppressor mounted was also tricky depending which mount was used and I had problems with direct thread loosening with longer strings of fire.

After getting it sighted in I'm not planning on going much over one round every ten minutes at max. I'd use it for varmint night hunting from my roof, that's really all it would ever do. Foxes, yotes, opossums aren't really too thick around me so I'm more worried about cold bore shots than getting too warm. That said, I've never done the tucked suppressor myself on any other rifle in avoidance of all of those drawbacks you've mentioned. I do like that the LR SUURG can isn't tucked and that's a pretty significant benefit when coupled with the fact it can thus be put on other guns. I'm really looking for a dedicated platform, so again it's not as significant a difference to me personally.

Gemtech also has one that I know comes in 300AAC/223, which I'll throw on the pile.

The surge has little if any blowback for lefty shooters and the can guard is very handy and effective. Its a heavy ass upper though. If you were to patrol with the rifle you would hate it, for the range its no big deal. You could put the surge can on other guns but you would need to get larue to sell you one of the long mounts that they use and I don't think they do that.

They do sell mounts for swapping the suppressor to another gun, I think they are around 150 for the ported core ones like the SUURG comes with. I think I saw it weighs around 9lbs without optic, haven't seen the WM on a scale at all. The WM website says 4.5lbs. I wouldn't be walking around with it but just posted up in the eyebox could lead to fatigue.

Last edited: