• 12 Hours Left: Use code HIDE40 to get 40% off subscriptions

You've got until midnight to get 40% off. Pick your plan below!

Subscribe

World’s longest-range sniper rifle used in Ukraine

Probably will need a scope for that....

62d960cc85f5400fe13ef25a.jpg

Total marketing bs.
Once you get out past 2Km, all bullets have gone trans-Sonic and are less stable and accurate goes chichis ariba.
I the bullets energy is maybe 10% of the muzzle energy. And your aiming 1/2 to 1 mile above the target.

So don’t believe the ads.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bender
sounds like bullshit to me.

Snipers have operated gun near Kiev, as well as close Kharkov in eastern Ukraine, but “rarely” because it has not always been possible to find suitable terrain, the source told the outlet. There has been no official confirmation of the information, the agency added.

terrain? what fucking difference does that make? if the "terrain" is ok for any other caliber, why not this one?

Reactions: TXAZ
sounds like bullshit to me.

Snipers have operated gun near Kiev, as well as close Kharkov in eastern Ukraine, but “rarely” because it has not always been possible to find suitable terrain, the source told the outlet. There has been no official confirmation of the information, the agency added.

terrain? what fucking difference does that make? if the "terrain" is ok for any other caliber, why not this one?

I'm going to go with, areas with large open fields of fire where you just pot shot people at 1500m.

Terrain in most of Ukraine is a steppe'd woodland if I remember right. There are obviously going to be areas where setting up and shooting 1500m shots will work out, but overall, you'd be better of with a large frame semi auto for 98% of the fighting there.

I'm going to go with, areas with large open fields of fire where you just pot shot people at 1500m.

Terrain in most of Ukraine is a steppe'd woodland if I remember right. There are obviously going to be areas where setting up and shooting 1500m shots will work out, but overall, you'd be better of with a large frame semi auto for 98% of the fighting there.
what i meant was, why couldn't they use it for shorter shots if that is all you have? too expensive to shoot?
i would think any practice is useful and even better if you are taking out bad guys at the same time.

SpecificationsValues
Caliber:.408 CT, .375 CT
Precision:0,4 МОА, 0,3 МОА
Effective range:2300 m (.408 CT), 2700 m (.375 CT)
Muzzle velocity:900+ m/s
Barrel length:900 mm
Weight:9700 g
Height:200 mm
Width:100 mm
Trigger pull:

Last edited:
"Low cost..." Maybe for some. :)

A 49-year-old Benbrook man has told officials he may have fired the large-caliber stray bullet that struck an Arlington woman in the arm at the Texas Motor Speedway on Sunday. The man, who is not being identified by the Star-Telegram because he has not been arrested or charged, contacted police Monday after learning from a friend about news reports that a stray .50-caliber bullet had struck Kerry “Jill” King, a 62-year-old woman. The man told police he had been target shooting about five miles away near a rifle range between 10 and 11 a.m. Sunday and had fired a .50-caliber Vulcan single shot rifle about five or six times. Detectives have confiscated the man’s rifle and will conduct ballistics tests to determine if the stray bullet came from the weapon. The Benbrook man could face a charge of deadly conduct for recklessly firing a weapon in the direction of others, police said.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/latest-news/article3823398.html#storylink=cpy

What I want to know is whether it had one of those brace things on it that they were talking about in the house today, you know the thing that makes it go fully semi automatic when you grab it just right because it acts like a bumpstock. Lmao

what i meant was, why couldn't they use it for shorter shots if that is all you have? too expensive to shoot?
i would think any practice is useful and even better if you are taking out bad guys at the same time.

They can. You just basically lose all the benefits of the gun at short ranges and also start running into it being a liability.